Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canyon Run Videos: GRA Autocross at Auto Club Speedway 5.22.2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 PM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Canyon Run Videos: GRA Autocross at Auto Club Speedway 5.22.2011

Click on the link to watch the video. Let me know what you think about the video production quality.

Thanks,

Kent
Canyon Run Videos

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...22-2011-a.html
Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
torque*is*cheap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kent,

Enjoyed the video! I was at the event, running a Magnetic Red '05 Vette in the CST class.

Lots of cool camera angles....especially like the shot going into the Porsche wheel well and around its suspension.

I think some of the scenes were far too long....the driver's meeting, for instance. I'd edit so each shot is in the range of 5-10 seconds.

GoPro wide angle is nice, but some close-up handling/cornering shots are de riguer for an auto-x video.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Kent. That was fun to watch.

Steve A.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:56 PM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by torque*is*cheap
Hi Kent,

Enjoyed the video! I was at the event, running a Magnetic Red '05 Vette in the CST class.

Lots of cool camera angles....especially like the shot going into the Porsche wheel well and around its suspension.

I think some of the scenes were far too long....the driver's meeting, for instance. I'd edit so each shot is in the range of 5-10 seconds.

GoPro wide angle is nice, but some close-up handling/cornering shots are de riguer for an auto-x video.
Im glad that you enjoyed the video. I made this video and edited it as a promotional video. I wanted to give prospective clients plenty of "B" footage in addition to their own autocross runs in the video. I actually cut over 50% of the footage I shot of the drivers meeting but it is still too long. LOL.

I usually mount one of my cameras just behind one of the front wheels to get a closer corner shot but I tried something different in this video. I actually had five GoPro's on my car at the GRA Event. I may mount more cameras at the next autocross since I own eight of them.

Kent

Get notified of new replies

To Canyon Run Videos: GRA Autocross at Auto Club Speedway 5.22.2011

Quick Reply: Canyon Run Videos: GRA Autocross at Auto Club Speedway 5.22.2011