Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LG Brake duct install please :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help with LG Brake duct install please :)

I am installing the LG brake duct kit all was going relatively well untill I attempted to mate the Black plastic air duct with the air intake at the bottom of the air dam, you know where the air comes in from under the car. The OEM brake duct slipped over the airdam hole that funnels the air to the black plastic. The LG one does not it is apparently the same diameter as the air dam air feed hole.

Can someone tell me what I am supposed to do here? it looks like it was designed to slip over it but it just wont. It does mate up flush but I dont think that is goodenough as the air pressure could cause it to blow of or move around at speed.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

I'd slit the piece which is from the wheel well, slide it over and either use a couple of small screws or pop rivits to keep it together
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
morris
Drifting

Thanks Ernie, that was definitely a consideration, I just figured that it was designed to fit properly without having to resort to that. But I suppose if I want to move forward I am going to have to do something to make it work
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 AM
maw455
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

A call to LG should help. If not, I think Doug Rippie Motorsports makes the plastic duct parts in the LG kit. If it says "DRM" on it somewhere, they do. Call Randy at DRM if LG can't help.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
morris
Drifting

I did call them first unfortunately I was unable to get the information I needed. These ducts are marked LG no mention of DRM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with LG Brake duct install please :)

Quick Reply: Help with LG Brake duct install please :)