Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the recommended harness bar for C6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Nick996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What's the recommended harness bar for C6?

I prefer something that is a DIY and something that can be removed and re-installed easily if needed.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen two different ones. Brey Krause and also the Hardbar USA one.

Anyone have experiences with these or another one. I am also curious about harnesses for my c6.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Sharkbar is also very popular. http://www.vetteworksonline.com/Corvette_C6bar.htm JD
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Sharkbar is lower than Hardbar and further back so it gives you a better angle on the shoulder belts. Hardbar rides to high unless you use the extenders which cost extra.

Bill
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
TrueBlueCoupe
Burning Brakes

Not sure about the factuality of this, but want to pass it on. It was posted in the C5 Parts For Sale section. Someone was looking for a BK bar, and someone else posted that they were not legal for SCCA sanctioned events. I have a BK bar and love it, but would have gone with something else if I found out it might preclude me from entering some events.
Eric
Old 08-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueBlueCoupe
Not sure about the factuality of this, but want to pass it on. It was posted in the C5 Parts For Sale section. Someone was looking for a BK bar, and someone else posted that they were not legal for SCCA sanctioned events. I have a BK bar and love it, but would have gone with something else if I found out it might preclude me from entering some events.
Eric
That all depends on what kind of event you are planning on running in. In Solo 2 the BK is acceptable along with a lot of others. To know whether or not you could use it in the type of event you are planning on you would have to read the rules specific to that type of event. SCCA has lots of different kinds of sanctioned events so you need to know which one.

Bill
Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Sharkbar is also very popular. http://www.vetteworksonline.com/Corvette_C6bar.htm JD
Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
matteo
Instructor

Just my opinion for what it's worth but have you ever considered a Chassis bar (half rollbar) instead of a harness bar? Not much more money and quite a bit more protection, not to mention additional chassis stiffening.
I don't find that it intrudes much on the trunk space, my golf bag still fits - with the cart!
I believe that the Corvette has pretty good rollover protection but in this case more has to be better, and it makes a great place to hang the belts, and at the right height. I swap out the drivers seat for a track seat and leave the stock passenger seat in place for HPDE's.
My shoemaker sewed me up a harness made out of seatbelt material which anchors the rear of the passenger seat to the harness bar part. It has a pair of ears at the sides where it wraps around the seat, which hold the shoulder belts snugly against the top outside of the seat. This prevents the belts from slipping off the shoulders. Not exactly according to the rules at most schools but never had a problem (usually require identical seats and restraints for both passenger and driver, even for instructors)
My son also tracks his car and I have extra belts but I won't let him use them without rollover protection. Just my H.O.

Get notified of new replies

To What's the recommended harness bar for C6?

Quick Reply: What's the recommended harness bar for C6?