Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/13/2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/13/2011

I just installed Pfadt's spherical bearings and headed out to El Toro for a practice day. Unfortunately the course was all transitions and my car seemed way to soft now. I never felt comfortable driving. This was my best lap. Although it doesn't look that bad, all the rest were pathetic. The family did okay though, the wife received a 2nd. place ribbon for her outing.

I'll post the race on Sunday soon. I drove my friends Corvette and I don't have the video yet.

Steve A.

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 08-17-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been waiting for your latest video, lol.
Enjoyed it as always, thanks for posting it up.

I went to Speed Ventures auto-x on 08/13, but the tight slalom section they setup had me wrangling the steering wheel like a maniac. Had a bunch of runs in the low~mid 40 secs, but could not break 40.
S2000, Lotus Exige, etc. ended up running in the mid 38's~39's.

What would be the best way to tackle closely spaced slaloms?
Definitely was faster going in at lower speeds, but my '05 C6 steering takes so much turning to negotiate them.

Q
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vette6500
Been waiting for your latest video, lol.
Enjoyed it as always, thanks for posting it up.

What would be the best way to tackle closely spaced slaloms?

Q
Your welcome. After this Sunday 8/21 I have a 4 week break. That's going to hurt.

Going through the slalom, you should never take your hands off the wheel. That goes for everywhere else too. Backside each cone like a downhill skier does. Concentrate on accelerating out of the slalom. Patience. Now your an expert. PCA is having a autocross at El Toro Sunday. If your interested let me know.

Steve A.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:25 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am unable to do Sundays, so will eventually have to try one of those CSCC practice Saturdays soon. Better for me to just watch your video anyway

Interesting lesson, I'll have to remember and learn to keep hands on steering wheel through the slalom. I probably need to train a different set of muscles to be able to power through them like you do though...

Anyway, this small course slalom was setup so tight, not sure if I could have steered that much without doing my craziness on the steering wheel.

Let's see if I can post up my first youtube video here, lol.
As you will see, I tried to imitate your video perspective as closely as I could because I think it's the best viewing angle that doesn't induce nausea from watching.

http://youtu.be/yBY-XMMfcN0

Q
Old 08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Your video looks great. Sounds good too. You can turn the steering wheel just past halfway without taking your hands off the wheel. You're driving and lines look good. If you ever want help, let me know.

Steve A.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/13/2011

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/13/2011