Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/21/2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/21/2011

Headed back out to El Toro with PCA OCR club. Made some sway bar changes from the last event, and the car handled great. The track was pretty fast in a few spots. The left and right sweepers in practice, I was hitting the rev-limiter (73mph) at the exit. In the race, I could not get up the nerves to do it again. A little disappointed, but overall a great day. 1st. in class. 1st. overall out of 105 cars.

Steve A.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 AM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent as always.
i am practicing hands on the wheel technique in my every day driving now and learning more with every video i watch.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
torque*is*cheap
Instructor

Nice, Steve!

1st overall, and you're a little disappointed? I'd take that disappointment all day long! Sounds like your chassis changes worked well with the new spherical bearings.

--Doug
Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice job, please keep us updated re: your thoughts on the new sphericals, I am sure it would benefit a lot of us.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Z06phile
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that's flying! I'm glad just adjusting bars got you comfortable with the car again. I'm installing Pfadt bars & pillow blocks this weekend. I'm still on the original Z06 bars with plastic end links.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Congrats! Nice video.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by vette6500
excellent as always.
i am practicing hands on the wheel technique in my every day driving now and learning more with every video i watch.
Thanks. I use to shuffle steer like crazy. Not anymore. I practice on the street also. Feels weird at first.

Originally Posted by torque*is*cheap
Nice, Steve!

1st overall, and you're a little disappointed? I'd take that disappointment all day long! Sounds like your chassis changes worked well with the new spherical bearings.

--Doug
Just disappointed that I held back a little in the race. Luckily I didn't need that tenth or two.

Originally Posted by froggy47
Nice job, please keep us updated re: your thoughts on the new sphericals, I am sure it would benefit a lot of us.

I talked to Steve with the "Bad Penny Camaro" and he has been running Pfadt's sphericals for a couple of years now.

Originally Posted by Z06phile
Damn that's flying! I'm glad just adjusting bars got you comfortable with the car again. I'm installing Pfadt bars & pillow blocks this weekend. I'm still on the original Z06 bars with plastic end links.
The sway bars helped a lot. I'm going to stiffen the front springs a little also. Then just a few tweaks here and there, and it should be good to go. Good luck with your bars.

Originally Posted by Bink
Congrats! Nice video.
Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/21/2011

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette autocross video. 8/21/2011