Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AOTGM will not fit with Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AOTGM will not fit with Long Tube Headers

My car is a C6, MN6.

Well guys figured out the hard way but i have LR Pro 1 3/4 in headers on my car. I am doing an external oil cooler and wanted a thermostat for it. The MOCAL AOTGM, the oil take off with a thermostat in it will not work, it just won't fit. You need the spaced to clear the Oil filter and with it on there it won't fit next to the headers. I don't know if its the shape of these or what but it isn't happening on my car.

For now, the shop i am using is going to just get the Lingenfelter oil block for the AN -10 lines for the cooler. No thermostat for now but ill see how it works just covering it up. I've heard of more than one person doing that so ill see how it goes.

I just wanted to share the AOTGM and long tube headers doesn't seem to mix. Stinks because its a great idea.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:56 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an enormous oil cooler (34 row Setrab) - I get 99F deg oil temp on the highway with it uncovered, 160deg with it covered. The 180F deg Mocal T-stat apparently will get you 150F deg oil, the high temp version should be good for another 20F deg.
I am considering the high temp mocal thermostat but wish they had some flow #s.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

I thought there had been discussion recently that this will not work on a Vette anyway......
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

I looked through the forums and didn't see anything much at all on the AOTGM, but hey i easily could have missed it too.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LeMans05C6
I looked through the forums and didn't see anything much at all on the AOTGM, but hey i easily could have missed it too.
I have the Setrab 72 row oil cooler and I went with the 200* Mocal oil thermostat. Very happy with the results. The oil temp comes up quickly (~5min) and maintains 200*. Track temps are higher, north of 250* but I can still do some more duct work to get it lower. BTW - Mine is a C5 427.

Get notified of new replies

To AOTGM will not fit with Long Tube Headers

Quick Reply: AOTGM will not fit with Long Tube Headers