Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA PDX - Summit Point Main - 9/24-25 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SCCA PDX - Summit Point Main - 9/24-25 2011

The last 2011 WDCR SCCA PDX and Track Trial will be on September 24-25, on the Summit Point Circuit (Main), Summit Point, WV.

Saturday is PDX only (PDX = HPDE). Schedule has novices getting ~90 minutes on-track, intermediate and advances are scheduled for 2 hours each.

Sunday we add in a Time Trial group, so things are a little compressed, but track time is still ample. Track Trials means "Level 3" event, so full safety gear per the rulebook.

PDX (Saturday only) - $275
PDX (Sunday only ) - $150
PDX (Sat and Sun) - $375
Track Trials (Sunday only) - $210
Track Trials and Sunday PDX - $300
Track Trials and 2-day PDX - $400
** New - Saturday PDX, Sunday Track Trials - $350 **

We'll be doing a cookout on Saturday night of some sort. Camping is available (and free!) on Saturday night.

Registration is via DLB Racing: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/wdcr-...3&EventID=4602

PM me, or post here if you have any questions.

Last edited by TravisD; 09-01-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Potentially interested in the event for both days. Do I have to be a SCCA member to attend ? Do you have a link to a schedule / rules / regulations page for review, need to know if my car is legal, etc.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Potentially interested in the event for both days. Do I have to be a SCCA member to attend ? Do you have a link to a schedule / rules / regulations page for review, need to know if my car is legal, etc.
Yes on being a member, but you can do a weekend membership for $10 at time of registration (which can then be applied to a full membership if you wish)

Forms, including Supplemental rules/regs, are at:

http://wdcr-scca.org/TrackDaysTrials...2/Default.aspx

We haven't locked down the schedule for this event yet, but it's basically the same as the August 6th event which is up there still. Also up there is the pre-event tech form which we ask that you (if you're mechanically inclined) or a mechanic complete. Nothing out of the ordinary really - basic safety stuff.

For PDX, car is "legal" if it's safe. That means for non-solo drivers that the passenger seat has to have equivalent protections as the driver - don't show up with a race bucket and harnesses behind the wheel, but a milk crate and piece of rope for the instructor

For the Time Trial, we really haven't gotten to the point of classes yet, so safety is the real requirement basically for SP Main that means a GCR compliant roll bar (but not cage), fire suit, etc.

There's some other folks on here (Paging Jim...) who have run our events many times now and can give you an objective view on things if you're interested in that.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-travis
Old 08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I've attended a few of this group's events in the past at Shenandoah. Everything was run very smooth. The classroom instruction was probably the best I've ever sat thru. The overall car count and run group size was pretty small and the track time was generous. On top of that the cost was reasonable and lower than most track days. I will be out of town for this particular event but hope to attend one or two with them next year.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Vette53
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for some seat time in Sept. This will be perfect... I am going to put some new brakes on the Spec Miata and sign up right away!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

I'm in for both days, instructing Saturday and doing the time trial on Sunday. My first timed event on the big track.

It's a really nice group of people. A laid back atmosphere coupled with enough discipline that everything stays on schedule and gets done right.

Jim
Old 08-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Vette53
Instructor

I'm in, just signed up. I can't wait!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
blueekb
Advanced

I signed up. Looks like a very low car count at the moment. I have not run with SCCA yet. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Thanks, blueekb. I'll probably be working pit-out on Sunday (definitely for the Time Trial session) so any comments may be directed my way
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by argonaut
I've attended a few of this group's events in the past at Shenandoah. Everything was run very smooth. The classroom instruction was probably the best I've ever sat thru. The overall car count and run group size was pretty small and the track time was generous. On top of that the cost was reasonable and lower than most track days. I will be out of town for this particular event but hope to attend one or two with them next year.
You're right about the classroom. Our chief instructor is a physicist, so he enjoys going into as much detail as you can handle. I think the instructor training for that organization is the only one w/ a written test, as far as I can remember.

Curtis, the regular dues for the SCCA are reasonable so don't let it be a factor. This will be the 3rd PDX this year, so membership allows opportunities even for cars w/o the full safety gear.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

We had some requests for the option of Saturday PDX + Sunday Track Trials, so we've added that - $350.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by C5inWV
You're right about the classroom. Our chief instructor is a physicist, so he enjoys going into as much detail as you can handle. I think the instructor training for that organization is the only one w/ a written test, as far as I can remember.
We also require an on-track evaluation for our SCCA instructors is our region as part of their training.

Good luck with your event Travis.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Default SCCA Slot

Travis,

I am in NASA HPDE and would like to drive in your event. are there still slots left and where is the form for it? I went to the site you posted on here and didn't see it.

Thanks
Ron

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA PDX - Summit Point Main - 9/24-25 2011

Quick Reply: SCCA PDX - Summit Point Main - 9/24-25 2011