Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Speed on your Corvette? Find out at Pocono IMSA HPDE & Autocross Sept. 16-18

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Top Speed on your Corvette? Find out at Pocono IMSA HPDE & Autocross Sept. 16-18

RTR PCA has slots available in all run groups for their Pocono IMSA HPDE and Autocross, September 16th-18th.

Friday September 16th is open to advanced drivers only with only two run groups and tons of track time on Pocono's legendary high-speed IMSA course. Come see how American Muscle stacks up against Germany's finest.

Saturday and Sunday will be open to drivers of all skill levels and all drivers will start with the Pocono "double-infield" configuration on Saturday and move to the IMSA course again for Sunday.

On Saturday, your HPDE registration fee also entitles you to participate in the Autocross event between or instead of your normal DE run group and for those of you who only want to Autocross there is a separate registration option. HPDE participants may not get the full six runs but will still be eligible to win.

In either case, your registration fee includes a Pig Roast on Saturday night after the track goes cold with extra tickets available for guests. A great opportunity to socialize and make new friends.

Finally, if you know of anyone who is "on the fence" as to whether or not they want to try DE or Autocross, RTR will be offering and expanded "Taste of the Track" program on Saturday only will include classroom instruction, "parade laps", a ride-along with an instructor, 3 autocross sessions and the Pig Roast. The normal "TOT" program will be available on Sunday and will include classroom, parade laps and ride with instructor. Those planning to participate on Saturday will need to register in advance as slots are limited.

This promises to be a fantastic event and a rare opportunity to drive the IMSA course. Don't miss it!

FOR MORE INFORMATION contact:

Myles Diamond or Paul Walsack at track@rtr-pca.org
Marty & Adam Kocse, RTR Registrars registrar@rtr-pca.org
Or register on www.MotorsportReg.com
Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much?

Also I got the following from the website:

Non-PCA Members: If you reside within twenty-five miles of Philadelphia, your car should be teched by a certified Riesentöter tech inspection facility or at our tech session. If you reside in the state of Pennsylvania but outside the 25-mile radius, your car can be inspected at a certified Pennsylvania Inspection facility. If you reside outside of state, your car must be teched by a professional repair facility that specializes in your marque. A Riesentöter tech form is required. It must be signed, include a VIN on the form and a RECEIPT FOR SERVICES RENDERED.

I do my own tech and repairs to my car. I notice the last sentence in capital letters (need a receipt).
Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 95jersey
How much?

Non-PCA Members: If you reside within twenty-five miles of Philadelphia, your car should be teched by a certified Riesentöter tech inspection facility or at our tech session. If you reside in the state of Pennsylvania but outside the 25-mile radius, your car can be inspected at a certified Pennsylvania Inspection facility. If you reside outside of state, your car must be teched by a professional repair facility that specializes in your marque. A Riesentöter tech form is required. It must be signed, include a VIN on the form and a RECEIPT FOR SERVICES RENDERED.

I do my own tech and repairs to my car. I notice the last sentence in capital letters (need a receipt).
Cost is ~ $450 for all three days and $350 for Sat/Sunday. Half-price for instructors.

The tech inspection is for your benefit and is for everyone's safety and no one is allowed to "self tech". The purpose of the receipt is to verify that the inspection was performed by qualified shop/mechanic and many shops perform this service for free and are happy to provide documentation.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your car must be teched by a professional repair facility that specializes in your marque.
That will definitely cut the crowds down. As a business after you tech a car and sign it off you are assuming responsibility. I doubt any I know would be doing it for free.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

How much?

where is the tech sheet.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

How much?

After reading the tech sheet I know there is no Corvette shop doing that for free.

http://rtr-pca.org/driving-activitie...fety-tech-info
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Todd I think you might be more knowledgeable on the vette then most shops even dealerships
Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Guys,
Hold the flames. These are not new or unique requirements for a PCA event. No one is questioning anyone's technical or mechanical skills. I also do a fair amount of work on my own car but I'm also human and appreciate a second set of eyes checking my work. I'm the tech/safety chair for RTR and I don't tech my own car.

You all know people who have no business holding a screwdriver much less teching a car. As an organization you can't know who should and should not be filling out their own tech form. The process is in place to insure everyone's safety and if that deters anyone from signing up then you'll miss a great event.

Hope to see you there.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Really looking forward to this event! This will be my 5th time running with these guys, and they're a well organized and experienced group. Quite Corvette friendly. I can only speak from my experience, but I have yet to hear anyone driving something other than a Porsche bitch and whine about getting the tech inspection done. There's more than a fair share of out of state people running with these guys too.

For me, I have a local Porsche shop (not dealership) do my tech for free. The deal I have with him is that he does the maintainence on my daily drivers and I get the tech done on the house.

Regarding self tech, I go over my car with a fine toothed comb, but I still like the idea of a second set of eyes to confirm my conclusion or more importantly find something I may miss.

Any of you guys out there that have yet to try HPDE and are on the fence, trust me, you wont be disappointed running with these guys. Hope to see some of you there!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

How big do the run groups tend to be?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by JimbeauZ06
Cost is ~ $450 for all three days and $350 for Sat/Sunday. Half-price for instructors.

The tech inspection is for your benefit and is for everyone's safety and no one is allowed to "self tech". The purpose of the receipt is to verify that the inspection was performed by qualified shop/mechanic and many shops perform this service for free and are happy to provide documentation.
Do I understand this correctly that $350 gets you 2 days of fun? If so, that is a bargain.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs
Do I understand this correctly that $350 gets you 2 days of fun? If so, that is a bargain.
You got it right
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM
wally w
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JimbeauZ06

Jim will be taking over for me at tech/safety when I move to track chair next year. When we changed our web site a mistake was made regarding where you may have your car teched. The out of state requirement should not say marque only. We/I permit out of state participants to have their car teched by a qualified shop that is ASE certified OR marque specific. If the shop does not have a shop stamp then we require a receipt to prove their qualifications. Any one with a question about having their car teched may contact us at safety@rtr-safety.org and receive a clarification about our requirements.
If you are in the Phila. area come to our tech sessions. There is a $20.00 "lift" fee, but you get to hang out with other HPDE nuts, look at every one's car from the underside and have coffee and doughnuts early on and sometimes pizza for lunch.
Again, this will prove to be a fun event at $350.00 for Sat./Sun. or $450.00 for all three days.
Our tech form can be found on rtr-pca.org under DE/ forms.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Mister_OT
Intermediate

Default Registered!

Quickly got that bargain!
Too bad it's the wife's turn
Can't wait to see her in the the new Nitto tires coming out of Turn 1 on to a 1780ft of straight! Man... life sometimes just aint fair!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs
How big do the run groups tend to be?
For the advanced day on Friday the two groups will probably be fairly small (~25-30 cars) with long run sessions spread over the IMSA configuration so plenty of room and tons of track time. Saturday and Sunday will be a bit larger but run-group sizes are usually around 35 cars. Keeping in mind that this is not Pocono North but the double infield and IMSA configurations it should be about perfect with just enough traffic to have someone to play with but without the trains.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:08 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy guys, will have to catch up some other time.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Watch out for the bump going into the infield after the tunnel turn!

I'll be recovering from NASA nats, sorry that I cannot make it.

For anyone considering this - it is a great group to run with. Relatively cheap, excellent instructors and people and they have their act together.

Get notified of new replies

To Top Speed on your Corvette? Find out at Pocono IMSA HPDE & Autocross Sept. 16-18

Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
As for tech, what about an up to date logbook from an organization such as NASA or SCCA? Just curious.
PM sent
Old 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

For tech, would a GM (non chevy) dealer be acceptable? They would be ASE certified, correct? Other recommendations of North NJ shops still above water also accepted....
Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
css60
Instructor

I've never been on a track, but looking to start. I'm guessing the TOT on Saturday would be a good place to start? And am I reading it right that the tech inspection can be done the day of the event at the track? Do alot of people buy insurance for thses things?

TIA.

Quick Reply: Top Speed on your Corvette? Find out at Pocono IMSA HPDE & Autocross Sept. 16-18