Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just moved to Troy, OH (Please Read and Help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM
ls1transam84
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just moved to Troy, OH (Please Read and Help)

My wife and I just moved to Troy Ohio for my job. We are all settled in and I am needing to get back into some racing. If any of you guys are running auto-X and or road racing please advise. It would be great to get some contacts up here and get back into having some fun with my c4.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ls1transam84
My wife and I just moved to Troy Ohio for my job. We are all settled in and I am needing to get back into some racing. If any of you guys are running auto-X and or road racing please advise. It would be great to get some contacts up here and get back into having some fun with my c4.

Thanks
Come hang out with us at one of the 10/10ths Motorsports events. The next one is at Putnam Park. I few of us are heading up to Mid Ohio on Monday for a 3balls track day. Also there are usually some autocrosses at Kilkare with the West Ohio Region SCCA.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
jawfixer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Webz
Come hang out with us at one of the 10/10ths Motorsports events. The next one is at Putnam Park. I few of us are heading up to Mid Ohio on Monday for a 3balls track day. Also there are usually some autocrosses at Kilkare with the West Ohio Region SCCA.
10/10thsGreat people
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Corvette Troy is right in your neck of the woods. You could check out their website at www.corvette-troy.com . Here is a flyer for their next event for the month of October-

http://www.corvette-troy.com/SpeedEvent_11_Oct_16.htm

They usually have an autox event at least once a month if not twice.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:55 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

nelson ledges fun days...garretsville oh.....beaverun just over the border in pa flat out days can fil ur whole summer with road course fun
Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
ls1transam84
Instructor

Originally Posted by Webz
Do you have a link for 10/10ths events?

I am an SCCA member, I was thinking that West Ohio would be the ones for me but they don't have much going on.

Thanks for the help so far guys.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by ls1transam84
Do you have a link for 10/10ths events?

I am an SCCA member, I was thinking that West Ohio would be the ones for me but they don't have much going on.

Thanks for the help so far guys.
http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

There is a huge amount of SCCA autocrossing going on in the geneal area. Cincinatti region is very active as is NWOR and OVR. Those regions each run about 10 solo events over the summer. The Dayton area isn't that active, but if you drive for an hour or two you can run almost every weekend that it isn't too darn cold. There is also a Great American Solo Series that is done for the season, but there is national level competition at each of these events. Here is the link to the GASS series... http://www.soloseries.org/

NWOR has an event in Tiffin on the 25th, which is a bit far from you. NWOR is well organized and runs events like clockwork. Also check on myautoevents.com and you should see lots of events. Cinci region also has an event at the Cincinatti Mall on the 25th, as well as on the 9th of Oct, and the 23 of Oct. WOR doesn't run a lot of solos has an event a KilKare speedway on Oct 2nd.

Bottom line is that you can run an autocross in your area almost any weekned you want until the snow flies. When I was living in NW Ohio I typically ran 25 weekends a year or more and didn't have to travel further than three hours to get to an event. You should try to take in an event at Grissom AFB in Peru Indiana. That's about three hours from Dayton, but the event site is excellent. Threre aren't any "egg and spoon" SCCA events at Grissom.

(Slow courses with tiny gates are called egg and spoon events....For those who don't remember, in the old days they used to run "gymkanas' with things like a pylon garage to back up into, or you had to drive around the course with a spoon in your mouth with an egg on it and if you dropped the egg it was a penalty, and you had to clean up the mess from the egg. Thankfully those days are gone.)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mid-Ohio Monday FTW.

Len, what pressures did you run on the R80's? I'll be trying them out Monday, finally.

Unless it rains.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
Mid-Ohio Monday FTW.
http://www.3ballsracing.com/ Still time to register.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Mike96Coupe
Advanced

The next monthly meeting for Corvette Troy is Monday evening the 26th 7:30 at the Englewood Municipal Building. Feel welcome. The next autocross is at KilKare Oct. 16th. the Restoration Station in Springboro has a Color Tour on the 16th also.

Get notified of new replies

To Just moved to Troy, OH (Please Read and Help)

Quick Reply: Just moved to Troy, OH (Please Read and Help)