Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big thanks to buckeye zo6

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big thanks to buckeye zo6

hell play it down, but Dave came out to nelsons ledges this weekend to help me,,,,i been in a rut lap time wise cant figure out how he runs 5 sec a lap faster than me (i have 1 million laps around there)...the fact that he took a half a day out of a obviously buisy life to help out a nobody like me really meant alot...he asked me to ride him around i tried my best ran as hard as i could..or would with a vip in the car...learned alot...never had anyone in my passenger seat screaming throtle-throtle-throtle!!!!Great guy!!!! looking forward to applying what i learned.....thanks again Dave
Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, that brings back memories. I used to run Nelson Ledges in the early "70s. Did they ever repave it? It was rough back then.

Jim
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,722 Likes on 931 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Dave is a great guy. Nelson's is a fast track, and one of my favorites. It becomes so much better once you get it right.

They have paved sections of it, but not the whole thing at once as far as i know.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

ive been all over wgi,mid ohio,vir,road atlanta,beaverun...nelsons is by far my favorite track....yeh is a little bumpy but no where near as bad as youve heard....way way better than when i started with superbikes back in the early 90s......the thing is all the other tracks you can learn in a few weekends....but with nelsons it takes years!!!! you can learn to use all the little bumps,pavement transitions,and ungulations...to go faster!!! say you know a bump in the turn.... miss it with you front tire hit it with your back and us it to rotate the car....there is a little woop in the track going into the kink..the ballsiest turn ive come across period..i us the little extra downforce comming of that woop to turn the car in......the people who run the track Carrie,Scott and Fred are like family to me!! youll never find nicer people anywhere.....not to mention wicked fast 90mph apex of turn 1,103 in the shute between oak tree and the carousel, 100 at the start of the back strech and up to 140 at the kink....think ur bad run this track!!! its awsome MOST PEOPLE DIS IT BECAUSE ITS HARD TO BE FAST THERE!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

just a bump so you guys see this
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM
racerbob4
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
hell play it down, but Dave came out to nelsons ledges this weekend to help me,,,,i been in a rut lap time wise cant figure out how he runs 5 sec a lap faster than me (i have 1 million laps around there)...the fact that he took a half a day out of a obviously buisy life to help out a nobody like me really meant alot...he asked me to ride him around i tried my best ran as hard as i could..or would with a vip in the car...learned alot...never had anyone in my passenger seat screaming throtle-throtle-throtle!!!!Great guy!!!! looking forward to applying what i learned.....thanks again Dave
Dave is just that kind of guy and he always has been. Nelson Leges used to be and may still be the fastest track on the Northeast Division SCCA schedule.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,722 Likes on 931 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by racerbob4
Dave is just that kind of guy and he always has been. Nelson Leges used to be and may still be the fastest track on the Northeast Division SCCA schedule.
Nelsons is the fastest 2.0 mile track in the country.

Trackman, your car is very built what kind of times do you run there?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:21 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kubs
Nelsons is the fastest 2.0 mile track in the country.

Trackman, your car is very built what kind of times do you run there?
fastest lap in the c4 was 1:13.9 it can do alot better
i can get into the 12's with my stock zo6 and thats just about the limit will throw some of daves tricks in sunday and see but my tires are just about dead v710s the groves and dots are gone on 1 same set all year!!! room left sunday come out its suposed to be nice!!!!! ill be the loud tall goofy looking one in the red firesuit!!!!

Last edited by TRACKMAN2; 10-21-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To big thanks to buckeye zo6

Quick Reply: big thanks to buckeye zo6