Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tool holder for the track bag...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tool holder for the track bag...

figured I would post this question here as others may have the same problem / solution ... I have a Bag of tools that I take with me to the track Includes just about all metric / std variety of sockets and wrenches. Looking for a socket holder that will hold sockets while in the bag. The ones i have tried to use seem to "pop" off under normal transport. They seem best suited for the tool chest that is not moving around. Let me know if ya have any ideas on what could hold sockets / wrenches to better organize the track bag of tools. Looked on the web and found quite a few but not sure how well they hold.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

A 30' trailer holds them in place nicely. Unless you tow down I59 in Alabama, then everything is on the floor.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
A 30' trailer holds them in place nicely. Unless you tow down I59 in Alabama, then everything is on the floor.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
figured I would post this question here as others may have the same problem / solution ... I have a Bag of tools that I take with me to the track Includes just about all metric / std variety of sockets and wrenches. Looking for a socket holder that will hold sockets while in the bag. The ones i have tried to use seem to "pop" off under normal transport. They seem best suited for the tool chest that is not moving around. Let me know if ya have any ideas on what could hold sockets / wrenches to better organize the track bag of tools. Looked on the web and found quite a few but not sure how well they hold.
My sets came in plastic cases that work quite well unless I open (the socket) box upside down. It takes a lot of cursing to get them all back in the right places.

Other than that, I would get one of those soft wrench organizers that wrap up & put a cord around them.

For sockets just find a metal strip organizer that the sockets snap onto very tight. The plastic organizers don't hold well.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is what I have:

-- Separate socket rails for metric, standard, deepwell, etc. They are a plastic rail with plastic square "studs", but they work very well.

-- All socket rails are in a small blue bag

-- All ratchets and large sockets (ie axle nut size) are in another small blue bag

-- All metric and standard ratchet wrenches are in a small black bag

-- All metric and standard regular wrenches are in another small black bag

-- All four of those bags are in a larger black bag

-- In another large black bag, I have my gloves, meter, pressure gauge, tape, etc.

-- In yet another large black bag I have all of my misc pliers, screwdrivers, clamps, hammer, etc.

-- In a hard plastic container, I have all of my fluids

It may sound complicated, but when I am ready to go to the track, I grab my three black bags, my hard plastic container, and my torque wrench and I know I have everything I need for a weekend.

You can get all of these bags and socket rails at Lowe's.

-Kevin
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by brkntrxn

Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I have:

-- Separate socket rails for metric, standard, deepwell, etc. They are a plastic rail with plastic square "studs", but they work very well.

-- All socket rails are in a small blue bag

-- All ratchets and large sockets (ie axle nut size) are in another small blue bag

-- All metric and standard ratchet wrenches are in a small black bag

-- All metric and standard regular wrenches are in another small black bag

-- All four of those bags are in a larger black bag

-- In another large black bag, I have my gloves, meter, pressure gauge, tape, etc.

-- In yet another large black bag I have all of my misc pliers, screwdrivers, clamps, hammer, etc.

-- In a hard plastic container, I have all of my fluids

It may sound complicated, but when I am ready to go to the track, I grab my three black bags, my hard plastic container, and my torque wrench and I know I have everything I need for a weekend.

-Kevin
And a color coded map to find everthing
Old 10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is what I have... a small blue bag, another small blue bag, a small black bag, another small black bag, a larger black bag, another large black bag, yet another large black bag, and a hard plastic container.

-Kevin
Remind me not to cut you off on track... you have all the materials you'd ever need to hide a body
Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travisnd
Remind me not to cut you off on track... you have all the materials you'd ever need to hide a body
Dexter
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is what I have:
Pfft....
Here's what I have:

Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
Pfft....
Here's what I have:

How did you get that picture of my garage?

Get notified of new replies

To Tool holder for the track bag...

Quick Reply: Tool holder for the track bag...