Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Ripped off

It is sad that it comes down to having people steal from each other buy I thought that I could trust people on the forum but I have learned a $550.00 lesson that there are low life crooks on here as well. I sent payment for an item listed on here and it was sold to someone else after the seller told me it was mine. I paid within an hour and not only did the seller sell to someone else his promised refund by paypal did not happen. I expected better from forum members but it looks like I was wrong.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

who was it?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Bub... all of us know Alex and see him at the track quite often. He just sold his Porsche GT3 track car and is shopping Corvette race cars... I don't think he's going to steal your $550. In his other post he said he attempted to call you twice and had already processed the refund on Paypal.

I fail to see how you got "ripped off". I've bought/sold many things on here over the years. He who has the money first gets the goods. Bought a few tires from Alex w/o issue

Last edited by travisnd; 11-03-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm sure there is some communication/email issue, Alex isn't going to rip anybody off

Last edited by pewter99; 11-04-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see where he is ripping you off when he said he's already got your refund in the works.

The communication with you is breaking down somewhere especially after reading what happened when CP_Thunder was trying to buy your car and asked how you wanted the payment. And your response was that you didn't see it going anywhere.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
larrymcgraw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience is that the VAST majority of forum folks are honest. Good luck in getting your situation cleared up. I'm sure you will.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have bought and sold over 250 items on this forum and have only been duped 1 time, and that was just my bad for not getting a pic first. I bet it all works out, especially if they hang around this section. AX/RRs are pretty tight group. When I leave my car overnight at the track, I just throw my stuff on the trailer - no worries. I feel better with it sitting out at the track than locked up in a motel parking lot. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

This happened two days ago (like not even 48 hours), it's a little early to call someone a crook, especially a well known member.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
ukrbmw
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - never thought I'd have to respond to a post like this about me, but why not?

First of - money has been refunded and if necessary I can post a screenshot from my paypal account showing completed, however as I posted in another thread I'm sure there is a delay - paypal is a bank and no doubt makes money on the float.

Tires were posted for sale at $275 each, however after getting an email with a question if it was both or each I read my ad back over and realized that wasn't clear enough, so I went back, edited, and clarified. Next thing is I get paypal for $275. I refunded it back almost immediately and sent you an email saying that and stating the price is $275 each. About 45 minutes later I get another paypal for $275 with no comments - I assumed you got the refund and tried sending this again. Once more I issued a refund immediately and sent you an email - once again 0 response. Through all this I have a buyer ready to take all 4. Sorry, but I took his offer and sold all 4 tires.

You finally emailed me the next day in the afternoon from your IPhone - which makes me think you get email and understand how it works, otherwise why would you have an IPHONE???

I'm sorry this worked out this way. Nobody here is trying to screw you out of anything and both refunds were issued within 20-30 minutes of your payment. I wish you used your IPhone and responded to the 3 emails I sent you that evening, but you didn't. Now I read over your car for sale thread and oddly enough here you are dealing with just about the same situation.

So anyways, your money is going back on your card and nobody screwed you. I wish you were as fast replying to your emails as you are posting all this craziness on the forum.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
johninar
Drifting

Glad that worked out. Like was said above the AX/RR section is a pretty good group.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Old Racing Proverb:
Sometimes the seller should be avoided. At other times you need to watch out for the buyer.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

For anyone else that stumbles upon this thread, I will personally vouche for Alex (ukrbmw). He has been my Russian Mafia buddy for years and only swindles caviar from the Ukraine. Rubber donuts aren't his type. Much less an electronically tracked $550.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
For anyone else that stumbles upon this thread, I will personally vouche for Alex (ukrbmw). He has been my Russian Mafia buddy for years and only swindles caviar from the Ukraine. Rubber donuts aren't his type. Much less an electronically tracked $550.
I thought Alex was Czechoslovakian?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:07 PM
ukrbmw
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man - you're both wrong!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gmccreary
I thought Alex was Czechoslovakian?

Now Greg, do you really think I would publicly disclose the true nature and whereabouts of my dealings with Alex? His normal cover story involves being a Philipino fluffer.

-Kevin
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jmurf28
It is sad that it comes down to having people steal from each other buy I thought that I could trust people on the forum but I have learned a $550.00 lesson that there are low life crooks on here as well. I sent payment for an item listed on here and it was sold to someone else after the seller told me it was mine. I paid within an hour and not only did the seller sell to someone else his promised refund by paypal did not happen. I expected better from forum members but it looks like I was wrong.
It doesn't surprise me too much. It's a hard world lately. Did you see what Lehman Bro, Goldman and the rest did in 2008? Leveraged 40:1 and then expect to be bailed out; bring the economy down with it. Absurd lending practices giving loans to DEAD people. Appraisers pressured to contantly estimate higher values no matter what. Moodies & S&P call junk securitized mortgages as AAA. And not 1 person involved at the above companies has been prosecuted. They brought the US economy to its knees and they get zilch.

Sorry for the vent but I just don't surprise easily anymore.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
.... being a Philipino fluffer.
Now that's a little more believable.

Get notified of new replies

To Ripped off

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
It doesn't surprise me too much. It's a hard world lately. Did you see what Lehman Bro, Goldman and the rest did in 2008? Leveraged 40:1 and then expect to be bailed out; bring the economy down with it. Absurd lending practices giving loans to DEAD people. Appraisers pressured to contantly estimate higher values no matter what. Moodies & S&P call junk securitized mortgages as AAA. And not 1 person involved at the above companies has been prosecuted. They brought the US economy to its knees and they get zilch.

Sorry for the vent but I just don't surprise easily anymore.
guess you posted before you read the whole thread...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
Man - you're both wrong!
Eastern Ashkenazic?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

closing..resolved....BTW we have rules that govern disputes in the event you have another one please take a look before you post. If you have any further issues let me know and we can re-open this.

Quick Reply: Ripped off