Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tough times continue for Jeremy Mayfield

Old 11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Tough times continue for Jeremy Mayfield

Sad http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...mtr_validation
Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

You can take the hillbilly out of Kentucky...
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Poor ol' dumbass owes $82,000 property taxes on his estate, and they are all past due, and the county is putting the pressure on.

I guess he thought he could steal enough to get 'em paid.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I have zero tolerance for drug abuse! He should have learned his lesson by now, but obviously he isn't capable!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:30 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I have zero tolerance for drug abuse! He should have learned his lesson by now, but obviously he isn't capable!
i treid to give a recovering herion addict a chance as a laborer for my company.... i said ..so the fist time you used how did you think that that was a good idea??? have youve ever heard of anthing good come out of heroin??? he couldnt answer... and only showed up for 2 half days the first to weeks...some people just dont have a brain like the rest of us...and im sure he blames me for the trouble hes in now thats the way they are!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I guess addicts never learn. My co-worker always preaches how we should legalize all drugs and just regulate and tax them heavily like cigarettes. I'll have to have you send him a note the next time he brings that crap up...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I carried Jeremy on his parade lap prior to a Sprint Cup race at Fontana in Feb. 2009. I believe it was less than a month before his suspension. I have his autograph around here somewhere.

He seemed to be a really nice guy and certainly gave no signs of the turn his life was about to take. Some people are just prone to addiction, and it spirals downward quickly. I for one hope that he gets some help while he's doing his time and is able to make amends to those he has undoubtedly hurt.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
I guess addicts never learn. My co-worker always preaches how we should legalize all drugs and just regulate and tax them heavily like cigarettes. I'll have to have you send him a note the next time he brings that crap up...
100 years ago, before the FDA existed, we had a 3% addiction rate in this country. When Nixon declared his war on drugs, we had a 3% addiction rate. Today, you guessed it, we have a 3% addiction rate.

Legalize it, and you'll have the same thing as with alcohol: some people can use them recreationally and be functional, some end up burnt out and on the streets.

Didn't we learn from alcohol prohibition?

Get notified of new replies

To Tough times continue for Jeremy Mayfield

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tough times continue for Jeremy Mayfield