Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA @ NOLA Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default NASA @ NOLA Motorsports Park

An event for the holidays. Probably not wise to try and drive after New Year's eve in the French Quarter. But the food is much better than the booze anyway. Following from NASA:

"Car"di Gras - December 30, 2011 - January 1, 2012

NOLA Motorsports Park is hosting the First Annual "Car"di Gras in conjunction with NASA Texas and NASA Mid South! Come on down to the Deep South to drive your car on the brand new NOLA Motorsports Park Road Course. Ring in the New Year while enjoying the New Orleans nightlife located just 14 miles from the track"

Following is a link to a video of the new track:

http://contour.com/stories/north-track-275mi-drive
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a month ago according to the video. Think it'll be ready in time? Looks interesting...
Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
johnnywoz
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Was just there the other weekend having a blast on their kart track. From the horse's mouth, they were really talking up being open for New Years day event, so I am sure they will be ready. The main track asphalt has been done for more than a month and they just finished up the auto-x pad.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

I was down last weekend and it is coming along very quickly. I think they'll make the New Years deadline. Hopefully the staff is nicer than the people I spoke to last week, they were a bunch of jerks! For a new track opening you wouldn't think they would be an ***.... Reguardless I'm looking forward to getting out there.

Daniel
Old 11-14-2011, 07:50 PM
LilRedz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc
I was down last weekend and it is coming along very quickly. I think they'll make the New Years deadline. Hopefully the staff is nicer than the people I spoke to last week, they were a bunch of jerks! For a new track opening you wouldn't think they would be an ***.... Reguardless I'm looking forward to getting out there.

Daniel
Not sure who you talked to but when they gave me a tour 3 months ago they could not have been any nicer. Our local SCCA autox chapter will start runnig on their AutoX pad starting in Jan. Joel
Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnnywoz
Was just there the other weekend having a blast on their kart track. From the horse's mouth, they were really talking up being open for New Years day event, so I am sure they will be ready. The main track asphalt has been done for more than a month and they just finished up the auto-x pad.
I plan to make this since I will be home for the holidays. It should draw a lot of cars from NASA Mid South, and Southeast , as well as Texas (Co-host).

January can be cold. Does the track have a clubhouse or other indoor facilities? Covered garages or open paddock?

Jim

Last edited by Corvee; 11-14-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

There is at least one HUGE building for administration. I would think they have some space for people to get out of the elements.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

jcm-sam@***.net
Not sure who you talked to but when they gave me a tour 3 months ago they could not have been any nicer. Our local SCCA autox chapter will start runnig on their AutoX pad starting in Jan. Joel
I ran by NOLA after the Delta TLAC and Mirrorkhana run at Zyphers. I had parked the truck/trailer/racecar at the admin building and was about to get out and walk around when I was approached by someone IDK what the deal was. I had been told they were running karts that day and I could hear them but who knows. Ended up going to El Gato ***** and watching the rest of the Saints game and having a drink I'll still go run the track no worries. I had just figured with all the emails and updates I get telling me to come check it out that they actually wanted me to do that

Corvee
I plan to make this since I will be home for the holidays. It should draw a lot of cars from NASA Mid South, and Southeast , as well as Texas (Co-host).

January can be cold. Does the track have a clubhouse or other indoor facilities? Covered garages or open paddock?

Jim,
They will have a clubhouse but I don't know if it will be ready for Jan1. I'm sure they will have something indoor (Or I would sure hope so).

Daniel
Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

No car, and its the one week a year I get to play with the grandsons - so nope, not this year.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

In case you planned to attend:

"CAR"-DI GRAS AT NOLA MOTORSPORTS PARK CANCELLED

After evaluating facility preparedness, NOLA Motorsports Park has decided to cancel the New Year's "Car"-di Gras event.

December 6, 2011 - Avondale, LA -- Construction at NOLA Motorsports Park is winding down as the facility nears completion. After evaluating the track's ability to provide a first class experience, General Manager Mitch Wright decided to cancel what would be the first NASA event over the New Years holiday. Mitch Wright commented, "We are very excited about this new facility and everything that it brings to the area. We will settle for nothing short of a first class experience. The end of construction and beginning of operations is in sight, but we feel that our standards for a remarkable experience would not be fulfilled for this event".

Questions about the event and refunds for entrants should be sent to Kelly Warrick at nasa@NOLAmotor.com. For more information about NOLA Motorsports Park, visit http://www.NOLAmotor.com or follow us on Facebook at "NOLA Motorsports".

Get notified of new replies

To NASA @ NOLA Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: NASA @ NOLA Motorsports Park