Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels and Tires and a little gift from my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Wheels and Tires and a little gift from my car

Just got a new set of TSW Interlagos 18x10.5 with a set of Hanook RS3 285/35 18 on all 4s. Finally got out to the track to swap out with the wheels and tires (crappy tires) on there now. Got to send the forgelines to get fixed as they are all bent to some degree. One started having a bad bead seal and slow leak. Here's a few pictures:

Love the look and there is a ton of clearance for the Brembos. I've got 4 piston front and rears and no spacers needed. Now we'll see how well they hold up for track duty. Got an HPDE coming up in a couple of week and can't wait to try out the new tires. If I can just stop charging the corners, I'll get my lap times down a bit.

The downside of the track visit Wednesday is my car had a little gift on the garage floor for me. A nice puddle of power steering fluid. Felt like I came home to the new puppy with a puddle of pee on the floor. Fortunately, Performace Speed Tech is right caddy corner from the garage and they are going to get me a nice heavy duty power steering pump swapped in before the HPDE.

Jay

Quick Reply: New Wheels and Tires and a little gift from my car