Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FSD vs PFADT inverted sale question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FSD vs PFADT inverted sale question

So the PFADT sale has got me on the fence about buying a set of new inverted PFADT dampers.

I have a 2002 Z06 that currently has PFADT polly bushings and Koni FSD dampers with about 30K on them. I have stock leafs and stock bars.

I have always wanted a set of bars so I think this deal is sealed for me gonna get a set of front and rear bars.

Now on the dampers.... Will I notice much difference with the PFADT inverted units over the FSD units?

Car does see a bunch of track time in the instructor group ... maybe 14 events a year. I am happy with the car and its performance now. But just wondering if its worth the money to jump to the PFADT inverted units ...
Old 11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

49 views and no opinions :-) maybe that says most don't think there is a major difference.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My impression was the FSD were more street oriented vs the PFADTs which are more track oriented. I haven't used either but I have heard that the FSDs were a bit disappointing on the track.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
My impression was the FSD were more street oriented vs the PFADTs which are more track oriented. I haven't used either but I have heard that the FSDs were a bit disappointing on the track.
Wow that is good news.. I have only driven on the FSD and never had a complaint Maybe I have been missing something all along..
Old 11-27-2011, 07:52 AM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Wow that is good news.. I have only driven on the FSD and never had a complaint Maybe I have been missing something all along..
Check out this thread. Confirms what I said earlier:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...track-use.html
Old 11-27-2011, 11:51 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
I am happy with the car and its performance now. ...
I think you answered your own question . Chances are you will install new shocks and take a step backwards. I was having the same dilemma regarding the T1 Sachs shocks I'm running on my T1 car vs. running double or triple adjustable Penske's or Motons. Since my car seems to be handling well, I decided to just keep the cheap shocks. YMMV.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As mentioned earlier in the thread there is a pretty big difference in the goals of the FSD's versus our Inverted Sport shocks. If you're looking to improve the balance of your car without completely replacing the leaf springs and moving to coilovers the inverted sport shocks are a great option. With the ability to adjust the dampers you will find a setting that works well for you on track as well as driving on the street.

The FSD's were really meant as a great OEM shock replacement for those looking to maintain excellent ride quality, with our Inverted Sport shocks you can tune the car to be more aggressive on track to bring those lap times down.

Get notified of new replies

To FSD vs PFADT inverted sale question

Quick Reply: FSD vs PFADT inverted sale question