Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interenet scammers are even targeting motorsports...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Interenet scammers are even targeting motorsports...

This e-mail thread is kind of humorous. Start from the bottom of the thread as I hook this Scammer on the line and play with him. Read from the bottom of this first post and up from there to follow the discussion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Austin:
OK, I put together a complete package for you including the use of five races cars for the 100 laps. Lodging is for five people, one room each, for two nights and the beautiful Uranahole Hilton in downtown Buttonwillow.
The cost is USD $5,125 each or a total of USD $25,625 each. We take cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
For an additional $500 per person we can provide a personalized TAGanass slot car for your guests to ride around in for the day.
Your fee for the instructor is included with this price and I have secured the very prestigious Max I. Canbich if you provide me the dates of your visit.
Flagging and safety services from Dontsy Flags, Inc. are included, too.
Let me know how I can help further.

Oli

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:43 PM
To: Oli
Subject: Total cost needed
Thanks for your Response.Yes i am interested in Buttonwillow Raceway ,We are interested each person to drive 100 laps per day.Also want to race on your slot car track .I will be waiting or your reply.then also get us the grand total for 2days track for
5peopl.

Full Event
Track Rental -
Instructors -
Safety Team -
Flaggers -
Tax -
Total -

I am waiting to hear from you soon.
Austine
--- On Wed, 11/30/11, Oli wrote:
Subject: Re: Booking....
To: "<austinhills94@yahoo.com>" <austinhills94@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Austin:
Thank you for writing. Which track are you interested in?
Buttonwillow Raceway or one of the other courses?
Do you need to rent race cars, too?
How did you hear of me and come to write to
me?

Thanks,
Oli

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 30, 2011, at 10:36 AM, "Mr Austin Hills" <austinhills94@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Austin Hills from Greece,i and a group of four are coming to your facility for a short vacation.we are interested in your track racing services,we would like to experience more of the game and we would like an instructor for minimum of 3days,except we have change of plans, i understand that you don't have lodgings,but you can make bookings for my group at the hotel closest to your establishment,we would like to have 5 single rooms. please send me your course details,and your availability and any other additional cost that i may not be aware of. I also would like to know if visa card or MasterCard as mode of payment.
>
> Please confirm availability of my date,my arrival date would be May 20th till 22th 2012. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible.You can email in My private box:austinhills94@yahoo.com
>
> Regards
> Austin Hills>
>

Last edited by Olitho; 12-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Here is the second episode. Again, read from the bottom up:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Your arrangement is fine. We do this sort of service frequently. We can cover your lodging, too, as we can get you a discount with the local hotel. Normally the hotel cost is $250 per night, but our arrangement is for only $199.
Your company full name/address
Buttonwillow Crack Racers
969 Jeffrey Dahmer Lane
Buttonwillow, CA 92666
Name of the Manager/Owner
Moe Lester, Head Coach/Owner of Buttonwillow Raceway
Company telephone and fax numbers
(661) 968-3425 phone
(661) 968-7825 Fax

Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:48 PM
Subject: PAYMENT DETAILS
Dear Oli,
Note All This instruction has been given by My sponsor.He want you to go through his instruction let us know in time because without our translator arrangements of flight tickets ,Logistics and traveling documents for our race track .This trip can not be successful.Why this instruction because we are at the oil rig.
I wish to thank you so much for your information and confirming the actual amount needed to secure the charter of your race track .I am so sorry for my late response but just like i earlier informed you, our research trip is financed by a sponsor and i have already informed him of the cost and payments.He will be forwarding his cred it card details to you on trust to charge $8,625 as the Part payment for the race track services.
We have also made arrangement with a translator that will guide the group for better
communication during their entire 1 week stay in your country, and will also handle the logistics arrangement for the group.

Therefore, as soon as you receive the credit card details, you should process for your payment of $8,625 and $10,000 you will send to the group language translator in order to secure her services too.
The reason for asking you to process for your payment and that of the translator is because our sponsor has instructed to charter your race track and also pay the translator from the credit card but unfortunately the translator does not have a credit card charging facility and the sponsor want only the most trusted company or individual as confirmed by me to handle the charging operation of his credit card to ensure the secure it y of the credit card details. In view of that, i prefer only you to handle the processing of the credit card due to my trust on you and your company.

You will be processing the total of $18,625 plus 4% processing fee from his credit card i.e ($8,625 for the charter + $10,000 for the translator).
Confirm my information so that i can inform the sponsor to forward all his credit card details immediately for the charging operation/payment.
Finally,confirm this arrangement and provide me with your..
(1) Your company full name/address
(2) Name of the Manager/Owner
(3) company telephone and fax numbers

N.B: all charges from the card will be charged in my account.and the balance of $17,000 will be made before arrival or 1 week before arrival
Kindly confirm this and get back to me

Regards,
Mr Austin Hills

--- On Thu, 12/1/11, Oli wrote:
Subject: RE: Total cost needed
To: "'Austin Hills'" <austinhills94@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Austin:

OK, I put together a complete package for you including the use of five races cars for the 100 laps. Lodging is for five people, one room each, for two nights and the beautiful Uranahole Hilton in downtown Buttonwillow.

The cost is USD $5,125 each or a total of USD $25,625 each. We take cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
For an additional $500 per person we can provide a personalized TAGanass slot car for your guests to ride around in for the day.
Your fee for the instructor is included with this price and I have secured the very prestigious Max I. Canbich if you provide me the dates of your visit.
Flagging and safety services from Dontsy Flags, Inc. are included, too.

Let me know how I can help further.

Oli

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:43 PM
Subject: Total cost needed

Thanks for your Response.Yes i am interested in Buttonwillow Raceway ,We are interested each person to drive 100 laps per day.Also want to race on your slot car track .I will be waiting or your reply.then also get us the grand total for 2days track for
5peopl.

Full Event
Track Rental -
Instructors -
Safety Team -
Flaggers -
Tax -
Total -

I am waiting to hear from you soon.
Austine
--- On Wed, 11/30/11, Oli wrote:
To: "<austinhills94@yahoo.com>" <austinhills94@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Austin:
Thank you for writing. Which track are you interested in?
Buttonwillow Raceway or one of the other courses?
Do you need to rent race cars, too?
How did you hear of me and come to write to
me?

Thanks,
Oli

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 30, 2011, at 10:36 AM, "Mr Austin Hills" <austinhills94@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Austin Hills from Greece,i and a group of four are coming to your facility for a short vacation.we are interested in your track racing services,we would like to experience more of the game and we would like an instructor for minimum of 3days,except we have change of plans, i understand that you don't have lodgings,but you can make bookings for my group at the hotel closest to your establishment,we would like to have 5 single rooms. please send me your course details,and your availability and any other additional cost that i may not be aware of. I also would like to know if visa card or MasterCard as mode of payment.
>
> Please confirm availability of my date,my arrival date would be May 20th till 22th 2012. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible.You can email in My private box:austinhills94@yahoo.com
>
> Regards
> Austin Hills
>
>
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

The third episode. I have since been trying to get me more information that is tangible so I can forward it to the appropriate credit card company, but no luck yet. Any idead on how to play with this guy some more?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am here for only about 90 more minutes. I must then depart for a meeting.
I will be back in tomorrow very early, but in meetings for most of the day.

Sincerely,
Oli

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 2:14 PM
Subject: please reply asap
Dear Moe Lester and Oli Thordarson,
Good day and How are you doing today?
Let me know if you are at work now and if you will charge $8,625 USD for your service deposit and $10,000 USD for guests Translator/Logistic expenses from my sponsors credit card today.
Once you received the money charged from my sponsors credit card in your bank account, I want you to keep $8,625 USD for your service deposit and transfer the $10,000 USD to the Translator agent in North Carolina by wire transfer.
The cost of the wire transfer should be deducted from the total money you are transferring to this agent. It usually cost between $15 to $30.
I shall provide you with the Translator agent bank account details after processing the payment.
Expecting to hear from you today.
Regards,
Mr Austin Hills
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If i knew it wasn't a stolen credit card, I'd charge it and not send the funds to his "translator".
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to contact the FBI. Who knows where these funds are going or what they are going to be used for. Sorry to douse the fire. I would try to keep in contact with him. Just tell him your CC machine has been acting up and you will be getting a new one air freight.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I guess if you can get the bank account info that you are supposed to wire to, that would be good info for someone to investigate the fraud.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by froggy47
I guess if you can get the bank account info that you are supposed to wire to, that would be good info for someone to investigate the fraud.

That is my plan. The card they are using has obviously been stolen.

I friend of mine told me that is is actually very hard to get the credit card company interested and respond. I bet they have more of these than they can count.

If nothing else, I will waste "Austin's" time and frustrate him.

Oli
Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Good stuff. Keep them coming!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black89Z51
You need to contact the FBI. Who knows where these funds are going or what they are going to be used for. Sorry to douse the fire. I would try to keep in contact with him. Just tell him your CC machine has been acting up and you will be getting a new one air freight.
Good luck with that. I played along with a guy trying to scam me on a car once for several days. When I looked into getting him investigated I found they only investigate AFTER you are defrauded out of money. I was able to get his ads pulled by auto trader though.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
Buttonwillow Crack Racers969 Jeffrey Dahmer Lane
Buttonwillow, CA 92666
Name of the Manager/Owner
Moe Lester, Head Coach/Owner of Buttonwillow Raceway
Company telephone and fax numbers
(661) 968-3425 phone
(661) 968-7825 Fax

[/I]
This guy has to be outside of US. Moe & Jeffery
Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oli, you're a funny guy. As for reporting them. This goes on thousands of times a day. The FBI really doesn't care.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

maybe his nigerian uncle just sent him a fortune through the mail?

Get notified of new replies

To Interenet scammers are even targeting motorsports...