Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the deal with Beretta?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Default What is the deal with Beretta?

Corvette Racing's revised driver lineup delivers a powerful combination of youth and experience. Antonio Garcia joins Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen, and Tommy Milner as the four full-season drivers. Richard Westbrook will reprise his role as third driver in endurance events (Sebring, Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans), and Jordan Taylor will join Corvette Racing for the three long-distance races.

http://www.corvetteracing.com/

I wonder if he is staying with Risi Competizione?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:54 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would bet he will be in a Ferrari come Sebring. I don't blame him, it's every racer's dream; and that car is going to be VERY strong this year.
Don't know anything about the Taylor kid. Hope he has skills, and isn't just related to the right person.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:29 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is the GM boys want to bring in some younger guys that they can keep around for a while. They got rid of the oldest guy on their team when they dropped Beretta. I would think he would be driving with Risi at Sebring and also at the Daytona 24. Jordan Taylor finished 2nd in the Grand-Am GT championship in 2011. He would have won if his co-driver hadn't stuffed it in a wall in the opening laps. The kid has skills, major skills. He had Tommy Milner as a 3rd driver in the endurance races and he was much quicker than him. His older brother also had 4 or 5 pole positions last year in the SunTrust DP car. I think it's great to see a young guy get that kind of opportunity.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the deal with Beretta?

Quick Reply: What is the deal with Beretta?