Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anybody in CF take out UGR??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM
427TTA4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody in CF take out UGR??

Im just curious to see if anybody in the forum in a street legal Vette could take out a UGR Gallardo?I have seen those lambos and they are freaking FAST!!They take out nitrous busas and 1300hp+ supras and from what I have heard they were the fastest in the texas mile or tx2k11.I know LMR has big things but every time they meet up with UGR they cant hang *well from every vid out their I have seen*Like I said just trying to see if theirs a vette out their that could
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Rednels
Instructor

Well, it depends on what you mean by take out the Gallardo?

A friend here in town owns the orange one from UGR. He hit 254 in the texas mile. And in the street car class, no, no corvettes have touched that. Im pretty sure the reason that Gallardos, Supras, and Ford GTs dominate that event is because of the slippery aero.

Also, the Gallardo is AWD so it gets a good launch. plus on race gas it makes 1700 at the wheels....the car is a total bad *** beast. From a roll there is a guy in town that has a UGR built Viper and it will outrun the Gallardo, but only up to a certain speed, then the Gallardo has less drag.....

There just isn't a lot of guys who want to put 150k building a vette. I know the Gallardo has well over 150 in just the build, that's not counting the car itself......

UGR build some mean cars.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 427TTA4
Im just curious to see if anybody in the forum in a street legal Vette could take out a UGR Gallardo?I have seen those lambos and they are freaking FAST!!They take out nitrous busas and 1300hp+ supras and from what I have heard they were the fastest in the texas mile or tx2k11.I know LMR has big things but every time they meet up with UGR they cant hang *well from every vid out their I have seen*Like I said just trying to see if theirs a vette out their that could
I'd never seen Underground racing's website. WOW. Those cars sound beautiful.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednels
Well, it depends on what you mean by take out the Gallardo?

A friend here in town owns the orange one from UGR. He hit 254 in the texas mile. And in the street car class, no, no corvettes have touched that. Im pretty sure the reason that Gallardos, Supras, and Ford GTs dominate that event is because of the slippery aero.

Also, the Gallardo is AWD so it gets a good launch. plus on race gas it makes 1700 at the wheels....the car is a total bad *** beast. From a roll there is a guy in town that has a UGR built Viper and it will outrun the Gallardo, but only up to a certain speed, then the Gallardo has less drag.....

There just isn't a lot of guys who want to put 150k building a vette. I know the Gallardo has well over 150 in just the build, that's not counting the car itself......

UGR build some mean cars.
I concur with what is said above, BUT, I saw that same Gallardo spin in 3rd gear at the Texas mile, so in spite of 4 wheel drive, I think they have way too much horsepower for a street driven car. I mean, other than Bonneville, where can you use such power?

BTW I'm not talking about the one that crashed when his chute deployed. This one spun going straight ahead in third gear!

Last edited by 63Corvette; 01-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

A buddy of mine (Atomic Z on here) has a UGR Galardo. It put down 13xxawhp and 1580rwhp. It is such a cool and well built car!!!! Really that power is only good for texas mile, boneville, street racing (I know, I know stuff like that never happens...but to some they enjoy highway pulls), and I suppose you could put 4 drag radials on and run some impressive 1/4 passes. Because they're TT they also make really well mannered street cars...until they hit boost...then they turn into Jets on wheels lol!

As for the orange Texas Mile UGR Lambo that crashed...I heard it was because he lifted at 240+mph before deploying the parachute first and then a cross wind hit him and drug the parachute off course which resulted in the car being pulled off course and flipping.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have any road course or auto-x results for the UGR Gallardo?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

I would guess no. Everything I've seen of UGR has been tx mile or highway pulls with a few 1/4 mile passes too. Mostly highway pulls. Atomic Z has around a 800rwhp GT2 that did 206 in the tx mile. He has a Doug Rippe built C6Z with a 454 and other track day goodies for the roadcourse. I doubt he will take the UGR car out on a roadcourse.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

There's a guy that lives near me that has a Hennessey Ford GT that puts down like 1525 at the wheels, pretty sure he has done the Texas Mile and stuff like that with it. Don't know though. It is a badass car and I would think it could give the Lambo a run for it's money. On a side note, there is a car show held down here in a big parking lot, think it's called Caffeine and Octane...pretty sure they are all over the place. Anyways there were 2 or 3 of the UGR Lambo's that showed up.. and one guy managed to park his in a ditch as he left the car show. He pulled out and stomped on it and lost the rear end, ran over the median and almost hit a tree. He got really lucky I hope the UGR guys stay away from them twisty looking paved roads.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Rednels
Instructor

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Do you have any road course or auto-x results for the UGR Gallardo?
I dont think these cars are made to the track or autox....1700hp would be worthless in those situations.

But I can tell you from personal experience that going from 70-150 in only a few short seconds is an amazing feeling.....seriously, the acceleration was so hard that it felt like a small kid standing on my stomach.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rednels
I dont think these cars are made to the track or autox....1700hp would be worthless in those situations.

But I can tell you from personal experience that going from 70-150 in only a few short seconds is an amazing feeling.....seriously, the acceleration was so hard that it felt like a small kid standing on my stomach.
amen talk about a jet ski in a bath tub...
Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

With that in mind, perhaps this question is best addressed in a different forum as most of us here run stockish hp levels on road courses/auto-x.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:19 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

1500 awhp may be "useless" but I'd sure like to give it a try around VIR
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

With that in mind, perhaps this question is best addressed in a different forum as most of us here run stockish hp levels on road courses/auto-x.

Your probably right, This question would probably be best suited for the nitrous/forced induction section. However it is still and interesting thread and I only browse this section. There are some very seriously built cars in this section too though that are far from "stockish hp levels" and even though this is a roadracing/autocross section it looks like others besides myself have a little knowledge on the UGR subject. So not all together the wrong section...it might be worthwhile to post in the n02/forced induction section too though
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Originally Posted by travisnd
1500 awhp may be "useless" but I'd sure like to give it a try around VIR
Close, in rwd trim.

Some great background on the development of this car (and its initially uselessly tuned engine) in Donahue's book.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:21 PM
427TTA4
Instructor

Well here is something that caught my attention and they explain at the end why they choose the Gallardo over the viper or ford GT basically RWD cars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWIEFVnX5DI but I believe LMR has got their Camaro to go 246 seems like their not far off but 10 mph is still a big jump even though it does not seem like it.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Since you asked....

I have little doubt that my stock 00 frc can take one of them at auto-x or maybe TGPR....without me driving...

otherwise, I am VERY sure they would leave me like I was towing a u-haul full of wet newspapers
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a couple of UGR cars that are used on the road course. They are not the big hp build. The car at 700whp tuned for the road course is doable. 1500rwhp on the road course not so much.

On the street from a roll UGR cars are insane. My car is set up with boost by gear plus it ramps up in the gear by rpm and does not go full boost until you shift into 4th gear. It truly is amazing how well these cars hook up and go. There are some GTR builds now that will run with UGR. We will see in March just how well.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anybody in CF take out UGR??

Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

^Glad you found the thread Eric You should post a few pics of your car...that thing is nuts!!!! Such a cool build
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Close, in rwd trim.

Some great background on the development of this car (and its initially uselessly tuned engine) in Donahue's book.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Close, in rwd trim.

Amazing! Pure RACECAR.

Quick Reply: Can anybody in CF take out UGR??