Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hankook RS3 guys.... whats your PSI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hankook RS3 guys.... whats your PSI?

taking the dive into the street tire class for autox this series. picked up a set of 255/40-17 & 285/35-18 Hankook rs3. im not a fan of the sizes particularly although they are a good fit for stock c5 (non z06) wheels. And from what ive read and been told, its good to not over-tire a street tire like this and I wouldnt benefit at all from a larger tire like the kumho xs would have been.

First impression on steet. WHOA, like ice the first few miles. gunned it in first at 30mph and burned em thru mid 3rd in my stock car. after I got em warmed up and scuffed tho they were great. very responsive and not as noisy as I thought theyd be. turn in seems much improved over my firestone wide ovals. I have an autox Sat and Sun this week so will post my thoughts after that.

All that said, Ive heard mixed opinions on tire pressures. As of now I plan to start relatively high and adjust from there. 40f 38r. your thoughts?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

I found they worked best for my driving style at 36/34 warm, but I also start my first run at those pressures. I think a driving style and size of event will play greatly into your final pressures.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:08 AM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

40/38 seems a bit high. RS3 has stiff sidewall.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the sweet spot came in around 42f and 37 rear. if I was at or below 40psi I would get rollover on the front.

Get notified of new replies

To Hankook RS3 guys.... whats your PSI?

Quick Reply: Hankook RS3 guys.... whats your PSI?