Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

I just came back from Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (about 50 miles west of Blythe, California) where NASA Arizona held a weekend event in conjunction with a SoCal Track Days event. The track is located in BFE it’s well worth the drive. The nearest overnight accommodations are about 50 miles away is beautiful Blythe but it’s not all that far away. The track is just under 2.70 miles and has (I think) 17 corners. The main straight isn’t all that long but in general it’s a fairly fast course. The surface is excellent and the track is fairly wide. There are some elevation changes and a fun little downhill ‘corkscrew’ leading into a radically banked bowl. The track has tremendous runouts for safety. Despite my clutch pedal sticking almost to the floor and having to run in 3rd gear only it was a fun weekend (time for a new master and/or slave cylinder). If you ever get the chance go to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway….it’s a fun track and you’ll have a great time!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm heading there for the first time on the 25th. Really looking forward to it.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by boltvette
I'm heading there for the first time on the 25th. Really looking forward to it.
How come your not coming to ACS on the 26th with the 2012 Corvette Challenge

DH
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 AM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
How come your not coming to ACS on the 26th with the 2012 Corvette Challenge

DH
You guys are too damn fast for me! And ACS has lost its charm since I got blasted with oil dry twice there last Nov. I'm still picking pieces out of the condenser coil.

I'm writing off the cost of my track day events, so I have to do some promotion of Angelwings Tech while I'm having fun. The CC guys don't seem to be very interested in anything we make.

I'll try to make at least one CC event this year.

Get notified of new replies

To Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Quick Reply: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway