Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk Pad Question

Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Hawk Pad Question

Hey guys, right now I have Hawk HPS pads on the car. Theyve seen mostly street duty and have been great. I even had them on the car when I did top speed runs at a dry lake, stopping the car from 190 and 200mph without issues. Thing is Im looking at some HPDE's coming up and was wondering if it would be worth swapping the HPS pads to some HP+ pads I have sitting around. Would the HP+ pads perform better at the track then the HPS pads? Also, do I need to clean the rotors if swapping from HPS to HP+? I dont know how different the two compounds are. Thnx
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Hey guys, right now I have Hawk HPS pads on the car. Theyve seen mostly street duty and have been great. I even had them on the car when I did top speed runs at a dry lake, stopping the car from 190 and 200mph without issues. Thing is Im looking at some HPDE's coming up and was wondering if it would be worth swapping the HPS pads to some HP+ pads I have sitting around. Would the HP+ pads perform better at the track then the HPS pads? Also, do I need to clean the rotors if swapping from HPS to HP+? I dont know how different the two compounds are. Thnx
I have run both of them and the HP plus are better for the track...
Daily driving the HP plus can get annoying...They handle the heat better in 15-20 minute sessions and you can stop quicker with the HP plus pads..
Old 02-19-2012, 10:27 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HP+ is definitely better for DE. I don't know that it makes that big a difference but if it was me I'd just swap out rotors too when you do th e pads. You can get a set of Centrics from Tire Rack for less than $50 a wheel for fronts and less than $40 for rears.

Get notified of new replies

To Hawk Pad Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hawk Pad Question