Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB COILOVR TRACK SHOCKS c^

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB COILOVR TRACK SHOCKS c^

Hey guys .. looking for good set of double adjustable track coilover shock... i have a c6 that we have turned into a full track car,,

who should i go with
Phadt, LG gt2 , Penske jrz ect

who has a good deal on a set?

regards...Manny
Old 03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
msracing
Pro

any input would help

thanks in advance...

Manny
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 AM
andy3101
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have single adjustable Pfadt coil overs on my C6 Z and I am happy with them. Also just purchased and installed Pfadt double adjustable coil overs for my 2002 z06 race car. Have not used car yet so can't give feedback except Pfadt customer service has been great.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Manny! If you're in the market for a great quality, double adjustable shock package you should really look at our FeatherLight Generation Double Adjustables. We spent a lot of time designing a shock package specifically for the Corvette to help put our users on the podium. There are some key features you will find with our doubles that you won't find with any other Corvette double adjustable:

Our exclusive BOA upper mounting system was deisgned to reduce the amount of required packaging space for the upper mount which gives us room to dial in more available shock travel and oil/gas volume. It also drastically reduces the amount of forces seen at the shock shaft compared to a pin top style upper mount resulting in greater durability.

The damper rates have been designed to bring the most out of your Corvette Race Car handling package, and were setup by our lead engineer and NASA National Champion Aaron Pfadt. We know what works for these cars and what it takes to help you win.

There is some flexibility in the system as well, we have multiple spring packages available for your specific needs. If you have any questions about spring rates or car setup, please feel free to give us a call. We are always happy to help out our customers with any suspension related techncial assistance we can provide.

If you have any questions please let us know! With more and more users running our Doubles every month, we are really excited to see how well these are performing in the field. Here is some video footage from the McBen Motorsports ST2 Corvette during this years NASA stop at Road Atlanta. They are running our Double Adjustable's and have loving the improved suspension performance.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. We can be reached at 1-888-972-2464, or you can email me directly at jarrett@pfadtracing.com.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:20 AM
msracing
Pro

well it looks like it may have to be single adjustable for now .....anyone
Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 AM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Adjustables

I run QA1 double adjustables. Give Mark a call at MSI in Roseville, CA he can fill you in. Motor Sport Image a Forum vendor

Last edited by steponc; 03-25-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

a "GOOD DEAL" is not on price. but Customer Service and set up. Pfadt will do you proud.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not nice to ask for advice/help and then just let the threads die without any explanation or conclusion.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 AM
msracing
Pro

Originally Posted by rbl
Not nice to ask for advice/help and then just let the threads die without any explanation or conclusion.
ok RBL , well we made a it out to the track last week we still haven't totally fixed the car .. we believe the problem was a simple one.. the marine Tin Coated battery cable doesn't like to be solder ..so we can get to the track we ended up running a second 4 ga cable direct from the battery to the fuse block ,,, its a temp fix and we plan on making new cables next week when we unload the vette out of the trailer..

it all came back to the battery cables... but we tested them over and over again and at the end it turned out that they were the problem.. Bottom line make sure you crimp the ends instead of just solder them.

now back to this thread.. looking for a set of coil overs for my track car....you have any input?

Get notified of new replies

To WTB COILOVR TRACK SHOCKS c^

Quick Reply: WTB COILOVR TRACK SHOCKS c^