Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Transmission Fluid & PS Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
R Mackow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Transmission Fluid & PS Fluid Change

I have a 2000 C5 and do autoxs and a couple of track day events/year. Last summer flushed out my PS system w/NAPA PS fluid and replaced a PS pump and plastic pulley w/metal Z06 pulley. There were still some tight spots in the steering in the turns at Summit Point main track. I flushed the PS system and added about a half squeeze bottle ( maybe 4-6oz) of Lucas Oil PS conditioner/stop leak. The tightness went away. I would like to run some high temp PS fluid. Any suggestions?
Regarding PS rack rebuild: Am I living on borrowed time with the Lucas Oil product? Just bite the bullet and send rack to Turn-One for a rebuild?
Would also like to change transmission fluid. Any suggestions from anyone who runs an non-factory or non-GM fluid? Is there a high temp trans fluid too?
Also,
I replaced the factory front rubber bushings with Pfadt poly two years ago. Should these be pulled out a relubed every now and then?

Quick Reply: C5 Transmission Fluid & PS Fluid Change