Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt poly install problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pfadt poly install problem/question

And for once it's not related to the front uppers which people have had trouble with in the past, no my problem is actually related to the one piece front bushing on the rear lower control arm.

The install of the bushing went without a hitch using a threaded rod to keep everything lined up and to draw the piece in. The problem I'm having is after everything has been bolted back up to the car...the bushing is rotating in the hosing as opposed to between the aluminum sleeve and the bushing like it's supposed to........

(I should add this is on both sides...)

I did find it difficult to install the arm back into the frame (to the point where I had to use a c clamp to compress the bushing slightly to get it started and then a floor jack to push the arm up into position) but other than that I can't think of anything that stood out as being out of the ordinary.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Once the weight of the car is pushing down on the pivot point things may change but I found it strange that this would be the point where there was the least resistance and not the place that is supposed to be the pivot point.

I'll be giving Pfadt a call in the morning but thought I'd toss this up here for the night crowd.

Matt
Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

There are some known issues (on the front - anyway) with the ID's of the control arms being less than equal, thus require some hand fitting of the bushings. Sounds like that?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey thanks for the call earlier today! I just spoke to the tech who was helping you over the phone and we are getting you out a new bushing to try out. The one piece bushing can be a pain to properly install, but shouldn't be rotating in the control arm bore. This isn't a problem we typically see with this kit, other than the bushing being a little difficult to press in. Lets give the new pieces a shot and give us a call if you're still having troubles.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Prior to having mine installed I scuffed the surfaces that I wanted to stay put with sandpaper. Also lubed the insides of the bushings with graphite along with the rotating sections of the metal parts...

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt poly install problem/question

Quick Reply: Pfadt poly install problem/question