Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run/track with Laps Inc....??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run/track with Laps Inc....??

I'm thinking of joining Laps Inc. They run at the autobahn in Joliet, Il and do a run at Road America. Has anyone been to any of the events they provide?

Trapp

Let me know what you think.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll let you know soon. I signed up for (5) track days at Autobahn with them. You should call Shawn and talk to him directly. His number is on the website. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from others.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

I've been running with LAPS for 4 or 5 years. Absolutely great events. Very well run and organized, safe, lots of track time, instructors for those who want them. And it's a fantastic group of people to drive with. You become friends with everyone else in the group, and a bunch of us typically go out after each event to a bar/restaurant to talk and make fun of each other . I'd definitely recommend it. I emailed Shawn (who runs LAPS) about this thread, maybe he can respond, too. Hope you can make it out!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by COBrien
I've been running with LAPS for 4 or 5 years. Absolutely great events. Very well run and organized, safe, lots of track time, instructors for those who want them. And it's a fantastic group of people to drive with. You become friends with everyone else in the group, and a bunch of us typically go out after each event to a bar/restaurant to talk and make fun of each other . I'd definitely recommend it. I emailed Shawn (who runs LAPS) about this thread, maybe he can respond, too. Hope you can make it out!
Not to mention it's Full Track!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Not to mention it's Full Track!
Exactly!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
sdy
2nd Gear

Default Laps inc. Track days info

Hey guys,

Thanks for inquiring and the kind words. First off, for those of you that are nervous and know COBrien we keep him involved for his high entertainment value (Quick wit and Childish behavior) you never know whats next with him. For the record he is under constant surveillance!

TRAPP here is some quick info on LAPS INC. If you have any additional questions feel free to email or call me at anytime. With LAPS we're very lucky to have so many great members that are fun, talented and willing to share their experience to help others grow and develop their skills more quickly. What we have found is if you take the time to get to know the people that you're driving with you will find a new pleasure in your track days. Not only will you be excited to get out on the track and try out your new tires, brakes, suspension, or new skills learned in the off season, but you'll be excited to see your friends and make new ones. Catching up, offering assistance, or just enjoying someones company can become a significant part of your track day experience. It's always nice to see familiar faces and feel comfortable when taking a day out of your busy schedule to do something you enjoy.

Plus you usually get 2.5-3 hours of track time per event. We have different pricing available in a tier format which allows you to sign up for all or just pick and choose individual dates you'd like to participate in. Our Pricing is very competitive!

Our new Road America dates are Monday June 4th and Tuesday June 5th and we're planning on having the 2011 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car GT Champions Andrew Davis and Leh Keen from Brumos racing out with us. They will be providing a Professional instruction. For those of you that would like to get on the fast track and learn from the Pro's. These guys a great instructors and a ton of fun to be around.We only have a limited number of spaces so if you're interested contact me asap. This is not included in the Track days. There is an additional charge to be apart of this program. More info Available.

We also have a Beer and Burger night every other Thursday night in Elmhurst at Pints. Our next one is April 12th at 7:30. It's a great way to meet some other drivers/people and socialize before the season starts. Feel free to bring friends the more the merrier. Anyways sorry for rambling for more information just go to our website, pm me, or call me anytime. All of my contact info is on the site.

For 2012 we have 5 dates @ Autobahn Country Club, 2 consecutive days @ Road America, for 7 total LAPS INC. track days! The dates are on our website.

Additional future dates at other Midwest track

Sorry this is so long winded. I hope this info helps.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sdy
For those of you who don't know Shawn Young, he is also a member of Autobahn CC (has won the Club Miata racing championship), knows the track and facility quite well. With unique grid staging to allow better track flow, great classroom instruction and excellent instructors at all levels, it's a worthwhile event.

I hope to make many of the events and will be happy to give rides as well.

Mike
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can vouch for Shawn and LAPS as well! Shawn is a great guy and he has some amazing instructors! Most importantly it's a fun group of car guys. I sometimes run with them to shake down the car before an event. Unfortunately this year they are starting after the season starts...
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by sdy
Hey guys,

Thanks for inquiring and the kind words. First off, for those of you that are nervous and know COBrien we keep him involved for his high entertainment value (Quick wit and Childish behavior) you never know whats next with him. For the record he is under constant surveillance!
That's just hurtful.

Originally Posted by sdy

TRAPP here is some quick info on LAPS INC. If you have any additional questions feel free to email or call me at anytime. With LAPS we're very lucky to have so many great members that are fun, talented and willing to share their experience to help others grow and develop their skills more quickly. What we have found is if you take the time to get to know the people that you're driving with you will find a new pleasure in your track days. Not only will you be excited to get out on the track and try out your new tires, brakes, suspension, or new skills learned in the off season, but you'll be excited to see your friends and make new ones. Catching up, offering assistance, or just enjoying someones company can become a significant part of your track day experience. It's always nice to see familiar faces and feel comfortable when taking a day out of your busy schedule to do something you enjoy.

Plus you usually get 2.5-3 hours of track time per event. We have different pricing available in a tier format which allows you to sign up for all or just pick and choose individual dates you'd like to participate in. Our Pricing is very competitive!

Our new Road America dates are Monday June 4th and Tuesday June 5th and we're planning on having the 2011 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car GT Champions Andrew Davis and Leh Keen from Brumos racing out with us. They will be providing a Professional instruction. For those of you that would like to get on the fast track and learn from the Pro's. These guys a great instructors and a ton of fun to be around.We only have a limited number of spaces so if you're interested contact me asap. This is not included in the Track days. There is an additional charge to be apart of this program. More info Available.

We also have a Beer and Burger night every other Thursday night in Elmhurst at Pints. Our next one is April 12th at 7:30. It's a great way to meet some other drivers/people and socialize before the season starts. Feel free to bring friends the more the merrier. Anyways sorry for rambling for more information just go to our website, pm me, or call me anytime. All of my contact info is on the site.

For 2012 we have 5 dates @ Autobahn Country Club, 2 consecutive days @ Road America, for 7 total LAPS INC. track days! The dates are on our website.

Additional future dates at other Midwest track

In all seriousness, just to re-iterate the point, LAPS is just an awesome group of people to drive with. The importance of that can't be overstated. You're not out running laps with a bunch of strangers and killing time being bored between sessions. You basically are spending a day driving and talking with friends. You get a lot of track time, there are always people to run with, and the entire day is just a lot more fun than a typical random "track day" put on by a car club, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone run/track with Laps Inc....??

Quick Reply: Anyone run/track with Laps Inc....??