Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

March DE day done, looking forward to OCT DE Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:16 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default March DE day done, looking forward to OCT DE Track Day

March DE Track day is now in the History Book

34 paid drivers and another 10 in car instructors attended the March DE Track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway for a day of adrenaline packed driving on the 2.5 mile road course. More than half of the drivers were first timers to a DE day so special attention was taken to make sure they all started off on the correct foot. In car instructors were provided to show the new drivers the correct line around the track, all the manned flag stations and how important situation awareness is. A big thank you to all the instructors who volunteered to help on this event, especially John Page and Linda Cook for filling in at the last moment.

A special thanks to Lou at LG Motorsports for bringing out the LG transporter with a couple of super-fast cars and providing rides to all. PLUS a very large “THANK YOU” for providing lunch to all. Also thanks to Master chef’s Wayne and Glen who prepared BBQ’d hotdogs and hamburgers to a perfection.

I believe everyone had a “Most Excellent Adventure” driving it like they stole it at Eagles Canyon and are ready to stand in line for the next one. I have already laid the corner stone for an October event this fall. I have all my underground buddies pulling in favors to bring you an even better & better event.

The next event will be a fund raiser for the NCM Motorsports Park with $25 from each driver entry per day going directly to the NCM. I’m sure we will once again have a few well-known names present to lend a hand answering questions and giving pointers on how to make your handle better.

So keep the last weekend in October open for a DE track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/home.php . It will be a two day ALL CORVETTE event with 4 run groups (25 cars each), 4 - 20min run sessions per day plus an instructors group and classroom tech talk between your run sessions. Entry forms will be available the first of July and I expect the lower two classes to fill 60 day prior to the event…..so don’t wait, or you will be a trackside spectator!

Here are a couple of video links from the day; Chris Krull, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qjcL...feature=relmfu
Mike Hill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f48XY...re=youtu.be%20

Thank you for your participation and see ya at the track this fall.
Mike

Quick Reply: March DE day done, looking forward to OCT DE Track Day