Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gearing up for the season!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
zyousoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing up for the season!

So I haven't wasted anytime here and I have already made some changes to the car over the past 2 weeks. I added a Haltech intake and Borla Touring Axle back exhaust. (I'm probably going to sell it and go back to stocks with the mod and m2w switch)

I powdered the stock rims in a black metallic flake which really changed to look of the car. They look pretty tame until you get it into the sunlight then they pop. (Photos don't do them real justice or my camare is/operater isn't up to speed)

Next I came across the full T1 suspension set up with Sachs shocks so I installed everything lastnight and the car is out for alignment today, hopefully its ready after work.

I also picked up some brake ducts and pads to test out. I also picked up a Brey Karuse Brace and some Schroth 5 pt harness. Electronic's wise I have a G2 Racepak to wire up.

For road race rubber some Hoosier R6's on stock Z06 rims were added.

My list of parts I'm still hunting for would be some SS brake lines more pads to test. A tune with headers and possibly a cam. The shocks will be swapped for the DRM's when they are ready and a race bucket for the track.

Thanks to everyone thats cut me some deals on the forums for misc. parts I'll keep everyone in the loop when I hit the first event. I never planned on having the car together this quick!! So I might end up at Rd Atl next weekend for that big GTA event or if it doesn't workout I'm thinking Limerock with RTA.

Sugguestions/ opinions and comments welcome. I'll have pic's of the car and her new pose when I get her back today or tomorrow!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What are the pads on the t1 springs made out of?

Quick Reply: Gearing up for the season!