Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel/offset opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
iamjessele
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel/offset opinion

hey guys im new to the corvette world, i used to own a g35 and i was very familiar with the offsets to stance the car correctly and whatnot, but im unfamiliar with the corvette's widths and offsets.

i was wondering if you guys were able to tell me if an 18x9 +47 front and a 18x10 +47 rear would fit the car right? would the wheel be sunken in? flush? or poking out too much?

thank you

p.s. i apologize if this is in the wrong section
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjessele
hey guys im new to the corvette world, i used to own a g35 and i was very familiar with the offsets to stance the car correctly and whatnot, but im unfamiliar with the corvette's widths and offsets.

i was wondering if you guys were able to tell me if an 18x9 +47 front and a 18x10 +47 rear would fit the car right? would the wheel be sunken in? flush? or poking out too much?

thank you

p.s. i apologize if this is in the wrong section
What generation Corvette?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
iamjessele
Cruising

Originally Posted by GettReal
What generation Corvette?
2008 c6 base, sorry forgot to add that.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

The 18x9 47mm in the front will stick out .6" farther than OEM which is no problem. The 18x10 47mm on the rear will stick out 1.25" farther than OEM which is quite a bit. It can work for track use but I doubt you'll want it on the street. Inside clearances for both are fine. That said you'll be happier with wheels closer to what really fits.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
iamjessele
Cruising

Originally Posted by dbratten
The 18x9 47mm in the front will stick out .6" farther than OEM which is no problem. The 18x10 47mm on the rear will stick out 1.25" farther than OEM which is quite a bit. It can work for track use but I doubt you'll want it on the street. Inside clearances for both are fine. That said you'll be happier with wheels closer to what really fits.
ok, thanks alot for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To wheel/offset opinion

Quick Reply: wheel/offset opinion