Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rollbars

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 AM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best rollbars

It seems everyone always wants the best, so this is it.

If you are needing rollbars to race, place your order soon, so you don't miss this opportunity.
To keep the price low, I only fabricate in batches of 10 after the 10th order.

These are specifically designed for C6 coupe and Z06 bodies and are the only ones on the market
that allow you to remove or reinstall in less than 15 minutes.

Fully frame mounted for maximum protection, including swing-out doorbars and all necessary hardware.

Available in either a 5 or 6 point configuration and powdercoated satin black or optional custom colors.

For more information go to www.hoxxoh.com

Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry. a few questions:

Do you have pics of how it is mounted to the frame?

i.d and o.d. of the steel tubing?

what kind of Steel tubing?

Will these pass SCCA, NASA, PCA or PBOC Tech requirements for roll bars?

swing out door bars, in most cases will not pass tech for road course.

Wish you the best with a new product.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
rayk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subcribing cuz I really would like a cage.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Sorry. a few questions:

Do you have pics of how it is mounted to the frame?

i.d and o.d. of the steel tubing?

what kind of Steel tubing?

Will these pass SCCA, NASA, PCA or PBOC Tech requirements for roll bars?

swing out door bars, in most cases will not pass tech for road course.

Wish you the best with a new product.
I welcome questions.

Until I get the patent pending approval for methodology, I wont be providing pics of the details. The Div 7 NHRA tech who does chassis certification wholeheartedly approved it. Because I have no control over the final installation , I can't guarantee that aspect will be approved.

The construction is done with the same NHRA approved methods and materials for rollcages that require certification (9.99 and quicker). There were no shortcuts taken to save time or money.

There are no rivnuts, rivets, glue, or backing plates needed. Everything attaches directly to the frame, not the composite floor, not the SMC in the hatch tub, and not the sheet metal panel behind the seats. It's been designed to provide real protection, not merely squeak by the minimum requirements.

Initial installation requires removal of seats, door and sill trim, dead pedal, and mufflers. Front carpet can be peeled back during the install and doesn't require full removal. Rear carpet can be slit and holes in the hatch tub floor can be cut from above. Estimated time to complete is 3 hours.

The tubing is 1.75 x .083 wall 4130 chromoly with a 1.25 x .065 wall harness crossbar. Because this was designed to fit the NHRA rules and allow the normally street driven cars to compete on weekends, it may or may not fit the requirements of other racing organizations.

If swing-out doorbars are not acceptable, then they can be welded in place along with the other bolted connections, if the removable feature is not needed.

Also visit www.HOXXOH.com

Last edited by HOXXOH.com; 07-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How is the frame block attached to the aluminum Z06 frame?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dfinke23
How is the frame block attached to the aluminum Z06 frame?
The Z06 blocks are aluminum and require welding to the frame.I obviously have no control over the installation, so can't guarantee the results.

www.HOXXOH.com

Last edited by HOXXOH.com; 07-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Any plans for a C5 system?? Probably more of those running around tracks than the newer C6's..
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

No offense, but it looks like an expenive camera mount to me. What's the point in having a roll bar if you still have stock seats where you can't properly use the harness?
It looks like a nice product from a "build" standpoint, but I really hope folks aren't to assume this is a safety tested piece of equipment that will protect them during a collision or rollover during a road race or HPDE. You won't even disclose (with pictures) how the thing even attaches to the car.
Not trying to bust your ***** personally. I sincerely admire your entrepreneurial spirit, but this product falls well short of something that I would sign off on at the track.

2501 - 3000 lbs.
1.500” x 0.120” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM
1.750” x 0.095” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM
1.750” x 0.120” ERW* (No issuance of log books for cars with ERW cages 04/30/03)
*Note- Specifications listed for reference for inspection of grandfathered vehicles.

3001 - 4000 lbs.
1.750” x .120” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM

15.6.14.A Mounting Plates – Bolt-In Cage
The attaching points of a bolt-in cage to the body must use reinforcing plates to sandwich the body. At least three (3) bolts are required for each bolt-in plate and the plate must be at least 3/16 inch thick. All hardware must be SAE Grade 5 or better with 5/16” diameter minimum. All nuts must be held securely by a locking system such as safety wire, lock washer, Nylox, or jam-nuts.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sperkins
No offense, but it looks like an expenive camera mount to me. What's the point in having a roll bar if you still have stock seats where you can't properly use the harness?
It looks like a nice product from a "build" standpoint, but I really hope folks aren't to assume this is a safety tested piece of equipment that will protect them during a collision or rollover during a road race or HPDE. You won't even disclose (with pictures) how the thing even attaches to the car.
Not trying to bust your ***** personally. I sincerely admire your entrepreneurial spirit, but this product falls well short of something that I would sign off on at the track.

2501 - 3000 lbs.
1.500” x 0.120” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM
1.750” x 0.095” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM
1.750” x 0.120” ERW* (No issuance of log books for cars with ERW cages 04/30/03)
*Note- Specifications listed for reference for inspection of grandfathered vehicles.

3001 - 4000 lbs.
1.750” x .120” Seamless Alloy (4130), Seamless mild steel (CDS Mechanical) or DOM

The attaching points of a bolt-in cage to the body must use reinforcing plates to sandwich the body. At least three (3) bolts are required for each bolt-in plate and the plate must be at least 3/16 inch thick. All hardware must be SAE Grade 5 or better with 5/16” diameter minimum. All nuts must be held securely by a locking system such as safety wire, lock washer, Nylox, or jam-nuts.
NHRA approved methods
NHRA approved methods may not meet Road Racing tech approval. Swing out door bars for one.

Scott has listed a few items above.

and attachments must be disclosed for tech inspections.

We can get you the SCCA, NASA PBOC and PCA tech rules if you like.

ppl in this section of CF something that will pass our race saftey organizations rules, HPDE tech guild lines.

and I will say again what Scott quoted

admire your entrepreneurial spirit, but this product falls well short of something that I would sign off on at the track.
and I am the Sign off guy for a big HPDE.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 05-01-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sperkins

2501 - 3000 lbs.

3001 - 4000 lbs.

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
NHRA approved methods may not meet Road Racing tech approval. Swing out door bars for one.

Scott has listed a few items above.

and attachments must be disclosed for tech inspections.

We can get you the SCCA, NASA PBOC and PCA tech rules if you like.

ppl in this section of CF something that will pass our race saftey organizations rules, HPDE tech guild lines.

and I will say again what Scott quoted

and I am the Sign off guy for a big HPDE.
As a response to an earlier question I stated: "Because this was designed to fit the NHRA rules and allow the normally street driven cars to compete on weekends, it may or may not fit the requirements of other racing organizations."

If this rollbar doesn't meet the requirements for your particular organization, then simply disregard it.

I posted in this forum because many people who autocross also dragrace.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HOXXOH.com
I posted in this forum because many people who autocross also dragrace.
those that autocross fit under the Road Race Tech Rules, not drag race rules.

And would you not want to provide a product that fits ALL race organizations for a wider market to sell into?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
moespeeds
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough crowd here. I guess my question is, how many guys in this forum are actually w2w racing under class rules that require a certified roll cage, and how many guys are just doing HPDE where it would be nice to have a little extra protection that comes out when the old lady wants to goto dinner...

It's always nice to see what options are out there, as long as the guy pedaling it isn't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by moespeeds
Tough crowd here. I guess my question is, how many guys in this forum are actually w2w racing under class rules that require a certified roll cage, and how many guys are just doing HPDE where it would be nice to have a little extra protection that comes out when the old lady wants to goto dinner...

It's always nice to see what options are out there, as long as the guy pedaling it isn't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Agreed, but put a roll bar in and then you have a higher tech standard even for HPDEs.

best to use the SCCA Solo I tech rules Or NASA tech rules for Roll bars, which looks like this product may not make it. tubing wall maybe to thin and Chrome-molly tubing has its pluses and minuses.

Then the mounting methods to frame as described above.

for example:
3001 - 4000 lbs.

See tech rules for specifics.

Plus the PCA rules for harness systems and seats, which most clubs follow.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Let me clarify my reason for posting in this forum. It's a forum that discusses racing, not restoration, not waxes, nor literature. The people that frequent it are not all dedicated racers in a high level of the sport where purpose built cars are the norm. Of all the hundreds of local Corvette people I am familiar with, only a very few have cars that would meet all the rules where they participate. However, a rather large number of owners regularly attend events where merely a helmet is all that's required. It's not about rules. It's rule enforcement that makes the difference.

I have no intent or desire to produce any rollbar that meets specifications of any other form of competition beyond dragracing. If this product doesn't meet your requirements, then simply pass it by. Don't dis the vendor for producing something you don't need. I've already stated twice, it was designed for dragracing and may not work for other organizations.

This rollbar more than meets the specifications of both the NHRA and IHRA sanctioning bodies. Not every track enforces the rules equally in the manner prescribed. But for the tracks that follow the most strict interpretation of the rules, this rollbar passes the test.

Just a matter of reference and comparison, I'll quote the specs that were posted, but didn't indicate which organization required them.

"15.6.14.A Mounting Plates – Bolt-In Cage
The attaching points of a bolt-in cage to the body must use reinforcing plates to sandwich the body. At least three (3) bolts are required for each bolt-in plate and the plate must be at least 3/16 inch thick. All hardware must be SAE Grade 5 or better with 5/16” diameter minimum. All nuts must be held securely by a locking system such as safety wire, lock washer, Nylox, or jam-nuts."

NHRA rules require all cars with an OEM frame (as in Corvette) must have rollbars welded or bolted to the frame. Only unibody cars (non-Corvette) are allowed to sandwich the floor panels and then the mounting plates have to be a minimum of 6" sq plates on both sides and bolted with four 3/8" minimum diameter bolts.

Obviously the rules have enough differences in just this one area, that a one-rollbar-fits-all is not a solution.

www.HOXXOH.com
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
ccw
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no intent or desire to produce any rollbar that meets specifications of any other form of competition beyond dragracing. If this product doesn't meet your requirements, then simply pass it by. Don't dis the vendor for producing something you don't need. I've already stated twice, it was designed for dragracing and may not work for other organizations.

www.HOXXOH.com
And I think that's the problem we have here. You are posting in the "Autocrossing & Roadracing" section of CF with the subject line of "Best rollbars." People would assume, to their detriment, that this would be a rollbar for autocrossing or roadracing since that's the section you posted this in. Now you admit that it's only for drag racing, which is perfectly fine. However, don't you think that by posting "Best rollbars" in the autocrossing & roadracing section that it's misleading since you can't use it for autocrossing or roadracing?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Do we know I'd the mounts are of the sandwich variety or if the op has devised a manner to bolt the bar to the frame?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ccw
And I think that's the problem we have here. You are posting in the "Autocrossing & Roadracing" section of CF with the subject line of "Best rollbars." People would assume, to their detriment, that this would be a rollbar for autocrossing or roadracing since that's the section you posted this in. Now you admit that it's only for drag racing, which is perfectly fine. However, don't you think that by posting "Best rollbars" in the autocrossing & roadracing section that it's misleading since you can't use it for autocrossing or roadracing?
Well I'm real sorry that I can't change the subject line title to suit you. There are many things you may consider misleading in subject lines on this forum and some of those are intentional, although mine wasn't. In my very first post where I replied to a question, I identified your concern. I certainly was not trying to hide anything.
You might want to complain about the Nitto tire ads when they promote truck tires too.

BTW, you might like to read this current thread posting in this forum that has a couple people discussing autocrossing and drag racing with stock cars (no rollbars) to understand my reason for posting here.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...52-auto-x.html

Last edited by HOXXOH.com; 05-02-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added info

Get notified of new replies

To Best rollbars

Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
0HOXXOH.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GOTHAM VETTE
Do we know I'd the mounts are of the sandwich variety or if the op has devised a manner to bolt the bar to the frame?
You would know if you read post #4.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You would know if you read post #4.
They are a aluminum pad with heli-coils in them welded to the frame (in the case of the Z06). Then the roll bar has another pad welded to the end of the tube with 4 holes in it for bolts. I'm not sure why this is such a top secret design. Take pictures and post them up.

And you're thread is heading in the direction of titanium lug nuts. I'm calling that early.

You posted a title to a thread advertising the "best" of something and then contradict yourself by saying it's not intended for the section it's posted in, nor does it come close to being the best for the section it's posted in.

Either way, try Here if you want to advertise your product in the correct place. This is a tough crowd and there are educated people here. They aren't pushovers.

Good luck with your product. It looks like a nice unit for what it's intended for.

Last edited by Black89Z51; 05-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Just a matter of reference and comparison, I'll quote the specs that were posted, but didn't indicate which organization required them.
"15.6.14.A Mounting Plates – Bolt-In Cage

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

Obviously the rules have enough differences in just this one area, that a one-rollbar-fits-all is not a solution.
If it is built to CSSA, SCCA or NASA standards it will be good for NHRA but not necessarily the other way around.

We were just tying to help you widen your market.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 05-02-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best rollbars