Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCW Classics vs. OEM C5Z offset

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Default CCW Classics vs. OEM C5Z offset

I'm considering selling my T1 CCW Classics and going with the OEM C5Z style wheels. Which means I'll be going from the 17x10, 17x11 (315/35-17 tires) to all 18x10.5 wheels. Currently I'm using the Wilwood SL6 calipers on the front and stock rear calipers on the back. On two sets of my CCW's, I have to use a 1/4" spacer to clear the calipers and one set I can get by with just an 1/8" spacer.

I've never really liked having to use that much spacer up front, but since I got two of those sets of wheels with the car... I had to make it work with the budget I had. But going to 18" wheels will open up the door to more tire selection and great chances of finding scrubs when needed. My question is, will the OEM C5Z 18x10.5 wheels completely clear my Wilwood SL6's without a spacer? That's about the only wheel I can do at this point as I'm not able to look at the 18" CCW's, Forgelines, etc and not sacrafice too much extra wheel rotational weight.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

My guess is yes, as my CCW classics won't clear my buddies AP BBK by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and his stock 17" C5Z wheels clear fine. Borrow a wheel from somebody and do a test fit.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks... I'm being told that they will clear the calipers at worst with an 1/8" spacer. That would be fine with me. I would imagine putting the wheel more on the hub will be much better than having the stress on the lug studs. Once I get a C5Z wheel, I will update this thread with pictures so others can see too.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
yooper
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

subscribed

Get notified of new replies

To CCW Classics vs. OEM C5Z offset

Quick Reply: CCW Classics vs. OEM C5Z offset