Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels for track tires

Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
jdwk
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Wheels for track tires

I've been taking my '05 Z51 C6 to track days since it was less than a year old. The stock run craps lasted a solid four years with 6 or 7 track days a year. I replaced them with RE-11s, since I wanted something that could drive to the track and still get a few years out of them.

They are great tires, but I think it is time to move to something stickier. I need to stay above 99 treadwear to stay in my current class.

It looks like my options are the R888's or RA1, and the NT-01. The only one that comes in 19" are the R888's so I imagine they are pretty popular, but I am thinking why not get race wheels. I am already swapping pads, so the wheels have to come off anyway.

If I retire the RE-11's and stock wheels to just street use they should last for another couple years.

What wheels are ideal to go 18 all around on a base C6? I suppose 17/18 would be fine as well.

Obviously wider is better, but I don't want to run past the fenders as my paint is already chipped up enough as it is.

Are C5 Z06 rims good for this?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Run C5 Z06 rear wheels on all four corners

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheels for track tires