Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Green C4 autocross/track car

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Green C4 autocross/track car

This car has new Z-51 Springs;
new Z-51 shocks;
new front 13” Z-51 rotors and calipers;
32 mm and 26mm sway bars;
poly offset bushings;
new quick ratio steering rack;
air co removed;
welded in roll bar;
new Corbeau FX pro seats;
new 5 point Crow competition harnesses;
11”x17” wheels with 90% 315-30-17 Kuhmo tires;
short, light cat back exhaust system;
current NC registration and inspection.
Included are 1 set of original saw blade wheels;
1 set 9.5 x 17 saw blades with Kuhmos;
1 set C5 thin spokes with Sumitomos;
original parts: seats, springs, air co, etc.
Beautiful emerald paint.
End of summer sale $8,000.
Photos here:
http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/...0Vette%20Sale/

Last edited by Green Smoke; 08-29-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

It’s not too late to buy my car and run in one of the many wonderful and exciting Corvette events held in your area this weekend and every weekend. This car is a good opportunity to bond with your kids, to get them involved in something other than video games and social media. You could share your expertise, show respect for their opinions as they try to discover the best line through the cones or around the track. Participation in these event will give them a true sense of accomplishment and a boost in self esteem. When the kids are working on the car and learning some hands on skills and automotive understanding, you will always know where they are. What bigger carrot is there than a Corvette? What kid wouldn’t actually study Algebra, read boring novels and improve his grades for a chance to go cruising, responsibly, on Saturday night and have some memorable “Route 66” adventures?. The gateway to all of these advantages is still sitting in my barn, gassed up and ready to go. Make me an offer.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

Ok, so maybe you don’t want to spend the weekend with your kids; I can understand that. But your spouse, she or he, is a different story. Get her involved in motorsports and your relationship will strengthen into a family team. Many women have a latent desire to emerge from their inhibitions. They have been taught all their lives to be “girls,” but they secretly wish for more excitement. Get her into a Corvette, and you will see a whole new side of her. Just remember to be supportive and forgiving until she gets the hang of it; then watch out. The first time she loses an autocross to an obnoxious kid or an old woman who has to be helped into her car, you will get new, stickier tires. The second time, she will be begging for new headers.
Even the more girlie things can be fun with a Corvette. Run the “Tail of the Dragon,” get the T-shirt. Cruise the Blue Ridge, end at the Homestead, shoot some sporting clays, enjoy some fine dining and a romantic evening in the mountains. Spend the weekend in “heaven on Earth” at VIR.
Before long your new teammate will be running track days with you, and the fun will really begin. Just a word of warning though, get a good grip on your manhood. Some of these girls have really big - - right feet.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

I know the economy is not the best, so I have reduced the asking price of my Corvette to $10,000. Just about anyone can afford to buy this well set up, needs nothing car. If that is still too big an investment, you could go halves with your buddy. The two of you could go off and run the tracks you have always wanted to. This past week you could have been at VIR mixing it up with the other 200 plus Vettes at the Corvette Museum’s annual driving event. If you need more excitement, the Giant’s Despair Hillclimb is coming up in July and Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb in September.
Taking this car to the track would be like a weekend hall pass. You and your buddy could go off and eat man-food, not that low calorie, tasteless stuff you get at home. Your buddy would be your ready made competition, different drivers, same car. Spend two days driving at Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, or Watkins Glen, and you will have plenty of new stories to tell. The car is ready, are you?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

Look, I’m trying to save your life here. By not buying my car, you have wasted two months of summer fun. Dreams are good, but they are not meant to be perpetual. They are only a prelude to action. You have spent the summer watching races on tv. You are probably a pretty good sofa driver and can downshift that remote with the best of them. But you could have been in my car, slammed back in the seat, screaming down the track, sliding around the corners, yelling, “Yahoo!” Maybe you actually got away from the tv and computer and went to a race and hung off the fence like an autumn grasshopper. More dreams, dreams are safe and comfortable as an old couch, initiating action requires some desire and courage. Grasshopper, it’s later than you think. Don’t let this lost opportunity become a gnawing regret. Save your life, buy my car.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

That is a lot of car for 8K. Would make a nice BSP auto-x Corvette for someone. Me if I had the coin and a truck/trailer.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Would you have any interest in selling the stock seats if they are in good condition? Thanks much, Jeff
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

93 Rubie, I'm in North Carolina. Maybe we could work something out.
Jeff, the Corbeau seats are set up to also use the stock adjustable bases, also some folks who eat well will need the stock seats. If a buyer doesn't want them, they will be for sale. More pics:
http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/...Vette%20Extra/
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

My car is a silver '84. The seats appear to be tan, so I'm not too sure how that would look. If you do end up with the seats, perhaps we can work something out. I'd probably re-cover them. Our cars have similar parts (wheels, suspension and 13" front brakes). I also have 3.73 gears with an automatic. That's a good autocross combo. Good luck with your sale. If you do end up with the seats, please keep me in mind. Jeff
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Captain Richard
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this car street legal? Seems like a great track car, but I wouldn't be able to trailer it.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

Yes, it has a current North Carolina registration, tag, and inspection. It also has the 2012 SCCA annual tech.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

King Richard, I have no ox to gore in this one, but I will say that a lot of guys in my area (Central Coast of California) drive their cars to events with street tires, and their racing tires are on small trailers they pull, along with a light weight jack and electric (battery) impact wrenches. I wouldn't be concerned about trailering. Sounds like Green Smoke is running a streetable car. Our cars are set up very similarly and mine is a kick to race. I do wish I had Green Smoke's engine, tho, as mine's a 205 hp (new). Best regards, Jeff
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Steel Cities 1972
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS, looks like a nice car. Someone is going to get a great deal on Corvette ready to take to the track!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

Maybe some of you folks with transportation issues would like to buy the trailer with the Vette. It's an open, Kraftsman trailer; I'm asking $2,000 for the trailer.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 AM
marc albarado
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still for sale ?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Green Smoke
Intermediate

The car is gone. I have for sale: the trailer, 2 sets of C5-Z06 wheels, and 2 315x18 Hoosier A6 scrubs.
You may want to look for the "95 LT1 caged" car on this forum or the "1992 Autocross" car on the C4's for sale forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Green C4 autocross/track car

Quick Reply: Green C4 autocross/track car