Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Method to Activate Tele Steering when using Race Seat in C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Default Method to Activate Tele Steering when using Race Seat in C6

I developed a circuit that I use to activate my Tele Steering when I have the race seat in the car. It works great and is easier to use than the Pfadt Harness which required pulling the memory module from your OEM Driver's seat. This will not do anything about the air bag light but that is nothing but a warning light saying you are missing parts of the SRS system.

I am thinking of putting together a Parts List and Circuit Diagram and selling them for $10 each if enough people are interested to make it worth my while.

Bill
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Bill, can you tell us more about it? Do you need any of the modules? Because I sold everything with the stock seats. If it is just some wiring and plugs, I would be interested. JD
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

one thing i love about the C5 is the tele wheel. When I installed my seat and noticed it wouldnt work, I just extended the wheel out, then unplugged the seat. It wont move from that spot. Pretty easy way to keep the wheel where you want it
Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Bill, can you tell us more about it? Do you need any of the modules? Because I sold everything with the stock seats. If it is just some wiring and plugs, I would be interested. JD
You will not need any of the modules. It is some wiring a couple of relays and plugs.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-11-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
one thing i love about the C5 is the tele wheel. When I installed my seat and noticed it wouldnt work, I just extended the wheel out, then unplugged the seat. It wont move from that spot. Pretty easy way to keep the wheel where you want it
Yes, that works. However what I found with the wheel moved out it is difficult to get into an aluminum race seat since the space between the wheel and the seat side gets very narrow.

Bill
Old 05-13-2012, 07:09 AM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I developed a circuit that I use to activate my Tele Steering when I have the race seat in the car. It works great and is easier to use than the Pfadt Harness which required pulling the memory module from your OEM Driver's seat. This will not do anything about the air bag light but that is nothing but a warning light saying you are missing parts of the SRS system.

I am thinking of putting together a Parts List and Circuit Diagram and selling them for $10 each if enough people are interested to make it worth my while.

Bill
Count me in Bill. Good job on figuring it out.

Ed
Old 05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
fastrash
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

Bill
I'd be interested as well - that way I can put the modules back into the stock seats and sell them..
Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

The setup I have in the car now is just a proof of concept. I will take some spare parts add a circuit board to hold components and connectors, structure a parts list and add pictures showing how to assemble the circuit. The easiest way to do it is to splice some wires into the car's seat harness but if you have a Pfadt Harness you can splice into it thus avoiding splicing into the car harness.

It will take me a couple of weeks to get things together.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Method to Activate Tele Steering when using Race Seat in C6

Quick Reply: Method to Activate Tele Steering when using Race Seat in C6