Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another HPDE tire question

Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Default another HPDE tire question

Hi Everyone,

As some already know, I ran over a nail and had to get a patch on the driver side rear of my G2 tire. I have an event this weekend and after some of the opinions I received, I have decided to get a entirely new set of rims and tires for HPDE events and autox events. I will keep my stock rims and these G2 tires for street use only.

SO, my question is, if I want to retain the same rim size 18x9.5 Front and 19x12 rear, what tire would best suit me?

I see the CUP tires are now in 18 and 19's but are they ok for the corvette? If so what sizes do I get?

I do not want to go to slicks or like a A6 or R6 tire because im still in a learning phase and would like to become more comfortable first.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

The cup tire sizes I had in mind were 295/30 18 F and 345/30 19 rear.

would those fix with our any problems what so ever?
2012 GS centennial.

Last edited by Toilets; 05-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

should be fine
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

MSPC tires are comparatively big money and for better and worse, have a wear rating of 80. I had same decision last year and went with Kumho XS tires and CCW wheels. Very happy with both. With Kuhmo's wear rating of 180, my guess is I would have had to spend close to 3x as much on MSPC tires than I'll spend on the Kumhos to get the same mileage. Of course the downside of my trade is slower lap times, but not so much slower as to justify the huge additional expense.
The Kumhos have been perfect for me, they're loud, so you get aural feedback in addition to the feedback thru the steering wheel. They seem to respond to increased pressures very well, i.e not getting greasy ~ 36 - 39 psi. Grip level is seems high even relative to the PS2's I had on my Bimmer.

Get notified of new replies

To another HPDE tire question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another HPDE tire question