Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising the C-4 Corvette front end suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Joe Geisler
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raising the C-4 Corvette front end suspension.

I am going to run the Hooker side pipes. I also have reversed Mag styled wheels and they will hit the fender well wheel openings on a jounce or a corner tilt. I want the Corvette higher anyway!!!! We have dirt roads here in the Ozarks somewhat occasionally where I live, I know that there is a carbon fiber front spring under the lower A arms.
The rear doesn't bother me as I have raised many of my old C-2 and 3's. I use to haul my boat on them too for years. Built my own hitch which dropped to release the spare tire. So I think we can do the rear ok. I am just perplexed about doing the front susp. Can anyone lead me to a good resource person who has done this to another C-4. This has been done already before. I have seen the photos somewhere. On this forum I believe! A blue car that was for sale. The car we are working on is a 1987 roadster. Thank you for any help. We like the car and the way it is looking but we need ground clearance. I own a Lamborghini Countach and we raised it too. I do not like cars on the ground! Not here in S. W, Missouri! Florida is a little better but I do not live there any more.

Quick Reply: Raising the C-4 Corvette front end suspension.