Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hpde June 16,17 at Atlanta Motorsport Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Default Hpde June 16,17 at Atlanta Motorsport Park

Well, the 30 day wait is over so slicks are ok at the track this time. Who is going to join me for Fathers Day weekend at AMP? Could there be a better father's day present? Guys I called the guys at tracks unlimited and they said there were plenty of spaces left, both one day and two day registrations. over 3 hours per day of on track driving for $499 for the weekend seems like a pretty good deal to me. Cost per hour is cheaper than just about anyone out there. They run a good show. Really good instructors too, and no charge for instructors. Who is going?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will see you there, I am just going on Saturday ! Should be a good time.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:31 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I'm on. Missed the last one but really looking forward to this one. Haven't heard back from Michael but signed up for instructing. Plan on a couple of minutes to tell me what you discovered last time there.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
1stz51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be all over this, but going to CMP end pf June. Great track and group to run with!!

Bill R.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

May come out Saturday or Sunday afternoon to watch.
Right now they don't need me to instruct, and I don't get back in town until 9PM Friday.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

It is short notice, but they indicated still have a few openings. They thought fathers day would be a great weekend to have an event, but a little disappointing in the results. They said Reese *** would be out, so it is always fun to see him blister a track! Jerry
Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
repman
Instructor

Had a blast today what a Great track!!! I cant wait to go back again.

Really a well run group with plenty of seat time and really nice people I will be running with the Tracks Unlimited group again for sure.

I wish I had not only signed up for one day now.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Fantastic track. Elevation changes in curves, on straights and in a carousel or two thrown in for good measure. A couple of really sharp switchbacks and a nice long straight out of a big carousel with a bending kink and a little rise is awsome. I was a little apprehensive about the exhause DB levels allowed but my C5Z with headers, gutted cats and oem cat-back titanium did just fine. A lot to be enjoyed by momentum as well as HP cars. This track is a winner. I hope TU books it several times a year for many more to come.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Arte, I will see you there tomorrow. What time are we starting?

Tim
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM
repman
Instructor

How was the turnout for Sunday ? I hope everyone had a good time.

Did the first timers there enjoy this track as much as I did? lets hear your comments.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Great track. The first session was a little intimidating with all the blind hills but things settled out nicely the second session. Having a student helped figure it out while in the right seat. Got up to speed quickly. Maybe too quickly. I discovered the little off camber in the carousel with a little too much speed. I was on the edge of the track, accelerating and left no room to the right. The car got light and started to skating a little. I knew I was in trouble with not enough track, not enough options and not enough talent. Couldn't lift, couldn't accelerate more, couldn't hold the turn and had no room to counter steer when the rear did break loose. But, had good run off room and didn't touch a thing. Evidently, the one thing I didn't run out of was luck! I will be there at the next event. Love the track!

Get notified of new replies

To Hpde June 16,17 at Atlanta Motorsport Park

Quick Reply: Hpde June 16,17 at Atlanta Motorsport Park