Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cup tire wear perspective

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
cruzin2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cup tire wear perspective

Hey guys/gals,

I've run my first track day on pilot cups zp (Z07 sizes) and I have a left front that is experiencing strange wear.

Actually looks like a portion of the tire tore in one area.

Track day specs: Mid-ohio, May 21, ambient 90F, track temp unknown but probably around 98. Tires were run at 36 degree hot measured directly after close of each session. This is recommended tire pressure hot based on the Michelin guide for cup tires. I spent most of the day pulling pressure out of the tire. However, the right front ran hotter and did not see any wear like the left front did.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this one. Next track day is track attack in July and want to get the most of these tires.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Of the two time I have run Mid-O (once was Nationals), I noticed some funny tire wear as well. We all chalked it up to the fact that the pavement on most of the track is worn so much I is glass smooth.

Quick Reply: cup tire wear perspective