Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performance brake pads for C4

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default performance brake pads for C4

need some help on this please. My C4 (85 Z51) is currently running stock brakes (with steel lines, fluid, brake ducting, and pads). Currently I'm using Porterfield R4's that are pretty much done and I'm finding out now that aftermarket pads are becoming pretty scarce to find. Hawk only lists blues for my car. I can't get R4's where I am.

Can you post what you have found and use for this setup for the track and where you got them please? I'm planning a brake upgrade but its just not in the works right now, in fact, I'm finding my current setup works not bad for this season by inspecting and changing calipers if needed and generally keeping the brakes in good condition.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Contact CF member Carbotech Adam who is a CF Supporting Vendor. Many people use Carbotech pads and he has a number of choices for street, autocross and track use.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Canam
need some help on this please. My C4 (85 Z51) is currently running stock brakes (with steel lines, fluid, brake ducting, and pads). Currently I'm using Porterfield R4's that are pretty much done and I'm finding out now that aftermarket pads are becoming pretty scarce to find. Hawk only lists blues for my car. I can't get R4's where I am.

Can you post what you have found and use for this setup for the track and where you got them please? I'm planning a brake upgrade but its just not in the works right now, in fact, I'm finding my current setup works not bad for this season by inspecting and changing calipers if needed and generally keeping the brakes in good condition.
I can help you please call me at 216-780-8825 I have a few questions and than I can recomend what will work best for you.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will do.

Get notified of new replies

To performance brake pads for C4