Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mix Tires NT05/PS2 Or Try And Sell PS2 And Go All NT05?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Mix Tires NT05/PS2 Or Try And Sell PS2 And Go All NT05?

I bought a pair of factory size Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 for the rear of my C5Z. I've decided I should probably go with the Nitto NT05's for replacement cost. I love the way the Michelin's perform, but if I'm going to be replacing them more often, cost of the NT05 just makes sense for my budget (I know horrible word in this section, haha).

What do you guys think run one more event to burn up the little bit left on my PS2's and replace them with NT05 and mix two sets of tires? Or just but a full set of NT05's and try to sell the rear PS2's. How easily do you think they would sell, only a few thousand highway miles on them from vacation and one track day.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
SG4206
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO - the Nitto's have a 200 tread wear ; but act like 160's ; no comparison to the PS2.

You'll wear out the Nitto's almost twice fast ;because their softer , stick better and your lap times will go down.

That's my experience with both.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Karma

What do you guys think run one more event to burn up the little bit left on my PS2's and replace them with NT05 and mix two sets of tires?
I've never had a good experience mixing different brands of tires; different warm up characteristics, different grip levels, different slip angles, different response to overheating, etc. Its generally an exciting and wild time.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SG4206
IMO - the Nitto's have a 200 tread wear ; but act like 160's ; no comparison to the PS2.

You'll wear out the Nitto's almost twice fast ;because their softer , stick better and your lap times will go down.

That's my experience with both.
Originally Posted by Sidney004
I've never had a good experience mixing different brands of tires; different warm up characteristics, different grip levels, different slip angles, different response to overheating, etc. Its generally an exciting and wild time.
x2
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidney004
Thanks, that confirms what I was worried about. No mixing for me, since I am running a street tire class, maybe I'll pick up some NT05's on some extra wheels for next season and stick with PS2's for the street.

Unless somebody offers to buy my rears right now.

Get notified of new replies

To Mix Tires NT05/PS2 Or Try And Sell PS2 And Go All NT05?

Quick Reply: Mix Tires NT05/PS2 Or Try And Sell PS2 And Go All NT05?