Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At what point do AN fittings come into play for brake lines on the Nasa/scca cars????

Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default At what point do AN fittings come into play for brake lines on the Nasa/scca cars????

1. Thoughts from the Corvette RR sector on banjo fittings that are found on 'some' aftermarket SS brake lines? (I see it as 'cost cutting')??

2. Running AN lines..............running the adapters to get to -3AN, does this make sense??

3. This is the premise of my question here, mixing the AN lines with oem calipers that need adapters, is it done? is it done with success? (my background is USAF F16's/A10's, replacing/swedging/fitting lines is done often with the smallest nick requiring correction action)
In any system, more fittings/lines/unions is often not 'by the book', although the 'book' is more open in civilian world(RR)

4. The C6 oem lines are giving many members issues, 10mm x 1.0 die will clean up the b-nuts, as it seems 1 or 2 out of 4 are going to give a slight struggle(I experienced this on Saturday, the 1.0 die is not too common or at least in the land of Matco kits(their tap/die kit is pretty good)

5. Is there a 'standard' that is 'known good' in the RR circuit??

Earl's
Russell's
Goodridge

Last edited by SteveDoten; 07-01-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports
1. Thoughts from the Corvette RR sector on banjo fittings that are found on 'some' aftermarket SS brake lines? (I see it as 'cost cutting')??

2. Running AN lines..............running the adapters to get to -3AN, does this make sense??

3. This is the premise of my question here, mixing the AN lines with oem calipers that need adapters, is it done? is it done with success? (my background is USAF F16's/A10's, replacing/swedging/fitting lines is done often with the smallest nick requiring correction action)
In any system, more fittings/lines/unions is often not 'by the book', although the 'book' is more open in civilian world(RR)

4. The C6 oem lines are giving many members issues, 10mm x 1.0 die will clean up the b-nuts, as it seems 1 or 2 out of 4 are going to give a slight struggle(I experienced this on Saturday, the 1.0 die is not too common or at least in the land of Matco kits(their tap/die kit is pretty good)

5. Is there a 'standard' that is 'known good' in the RR circuit??

Earl's
Russell's
Goodridge
Never had an issue with any of the goodridge I have used/installed.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only had one brake line issue, when I kinked a Goodridge line. Two weekends later, it let go. Never had an issue with the fittings.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Spiegler.
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/ss-brake-lines.html
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I've got Fragola lines with AN fittings from Hardbar for my Wilwood front calipers.

I have Stoptech lines with banjo fittings to the OEM calipers in the rears. No issues with either setup.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve,
I owe you a phone call today anyways.

But we have been running this setup for a long time!!!

http://dougrippie.com/?p=434

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To At what point do AN fittings come into play for brake lines on the Nasa/scca cars????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: At what point do AN fittings come into play for brake lines on the Nasa/scca cars????