Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans cooler temp update

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Trans cooler temp update

I have an '03 A4 (H/C, 2800 stall. 3:42, etc.) The trans fluid was seeing 238 degrees after my last track session.

I have since installed a Setrab 25 plate cooler (bypassed the radiator).

I haven't been back to the track yet but, yesterday the outside temp was 92 degrees. I went out and performed a thorough "heat cycle" Prior to adding the cooler, I would have seen trans fluid temps @ ~200 - 210. This time the fluid temp never got over 150 degrees.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

54 visits and 0 replies. You would think I was selling something.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

At VIR this weekend, with temps 100+, second session Sat I got the "High Trans Temp" warning. Interestingly enough, it then switched the DIC to "Trans Fluid Temp - 271*". I did not know it could do that and I have never been able to get it to display. Figured if it was going to get hot, I would drive it as hard as I could and end session early. Never got the warning the rest of the weekend and I pushed it hard. Fluid is brand new Amsoil installed Thurs nite. Not sure why I got the warning as I have never got that one before. Going to give it a couple more events before I go to tranny cooler.

Get notified of new replies

To Trans cooler temp update

Quick Reply: Trans cooler temp update