Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the right AN oil cooler line/fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Is this the right AN oil cooler line/fittings?

Going to install an oil cooler behind the license plate and this is my first encounter with SS braided hose and AN fittings and want to make sure I get it right. Here's the hose I'm looking at:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-632180/

And the fittings:

http://www.summitracing.com/checkout/interim.aspx

Since the Summit fittings are backordered. Do I need any special tools for the fittings? Is there a better/cheaper place to get this stuff? Is 15ft the correct length? I opted for the Russel hose over the Summit hose as it's rated to 350*F instead of 300*F. Nothing's purchased yet, but I'd like to in the next couple days.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:10 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

15ft should be plenty, depending on how it will mount to cooler. Some coolers have to be mounted with certain inlets up etc plus that line does not bend much. YouTube has plenty of vids on how to cut hose. Earls says to use sharpened masonry tool, others use bolt cutters, and I use cutoff wheel. I used both summit hose ends and fittings and some Earls. What I did not realize, is that everyones wrench sizes are different. It takes anywhere from a 15/16", 1", 1 1/8" to attach and remove mine. Probably best to use all the same.

What adapter are you using. Some are harder to work with than others. The ECS one is easier that the Lingerfelter one lol.

If I had it to do all over again, I would probably put mine behind license plate also as you can cover it when not a track which will help get temps up when it is colder. Post some pics of how it goes. HTH.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

It's an Earl's cooler, assuming it goes in with fittings facing the ground? It'll be high enough off the ground. The 90s will face the driver's side which is where the adapter is. I'll post pics, but will probably create a separate thread. I was thinking of using a hose with a black nylon braid at first, but what Summit carries doesn't seem to be rated as high as the SS braided stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this the right AN oil cooler line/fittings?

Quick Reply: Is this the right AN oil cooler line/fittings?