Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America Dan Binks Auction

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Default Road America Dan Binks Auction

For all of you who will be attending the Road America ALMS race there will be an exciting auction put on by our very own Dan Binks, #3 C6R crew chief. He and his family support Camp Anokijig and proceeds from the auction will go to support this family oriented camp.

Check out the exciting auction items listed below. This is one auction you don't want to miss!

Camp Anokijig

Road America Auction

August 17 at 5:00 pm

Corvette Coral

after Driver's meet & greet

Here is a list of items to be auctioned:

Le mans door from 73 this year
Le mans front fender 73 this year
Le mans rear fascia 73 this year
Le mans rear deck lid 73 this year
Long Beach rear fascia 3 this year
Mosport right rocker
Several head light covers
Left front brake rotor from Mid Ohio
Several wheels GT1 and GT2
A painting from a graffiti artist of Jake
Tommy Milner 2011 and 2012 Le mans helmet gloves and shoes as a lot currant bid is $3500
And more!!

For those not attending the race you can go to the Camp Anokijig web link, (see below) and make a tax deductible donation:
https://www.anokijig.com/pledge.html

The Binks family wishes to extend their thanks for all who will be attending and Dan added his own comment below:

This is a very special place for my family and I would like to say thank you for all the Corvette fans that have helped Camp Anokijig in the past and the future.

Thanks
Dan Binks

The auction items are fantastic so make sure you are at the Corvette Corral, August 17 at 5:00 PM.

Corvette corral agenda:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...ule%202012.pdf
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with today's auction and a bump to the top!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:24 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

whoever did the bidding for the online bidding musta had some deep pockets, only 3-4 of the items onsite went to in person bidders.

I bid up to 2k on the door from the lemans car but didnt get it. Was thinking it would have looked good next to my rear bumper cover from last year

Cool items and glad they did it again, Mr. Pickett of muscle milk also said he would double whatever funds were raised tonight
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Yeah I talked to Dan Binks and once he started talking 2 grand plus, I said a little to rich for my blood.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
Yeah I talked to Dan Binks and once he started talking 2 grand plus, I said a little to rich for my blood.
a milner & gavin helmet gloves and shoes, were going for $3500 for each drivers items, so $7k for both items. which is great for the charity to raise $21k just for those 2 items by the time Pickett donations came in as well pretty cool!!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
a milner & gavin helmet gloves and shoes, were going for $3500 for each drivers items, so $7k for both items. which is great for the charity to raise $21k just for those 2 items by the time Pickett donations came in as well pretty cool!!
Dan told me that they raised $60,000 altogether. He is very happy with the results.

Get notified of new replies

To Road America Dan Binks Auction

Quick Reply: Road America Dan Binks Auction