Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help pricing pristine C5 with track mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Snuckley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help pricing pristine C5 with track mods

Put my C5 for sale in the C5 FS section. I am really not sure how to price it. I have a bunch of spare consumables I'll post above this section in track parts FS. I would hate to see this car get traded to a dealer and sent to auction. I want a new "old man's" car and must sell this one. I maintained it like an aircraft, no expense spared. Had our track project in Pa. not fallen on hard times, I'd want this C5 in the stable along with the open wheel racecar I was going to purchase. SO look in C5's FS for 2001 Coupe 23,000mi for $19,000 and tell me what else to add. I'd love to keep it but the garage is full. The car is perfect, motor tight, never over-revved, clutch,tranny all good. thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 10:19 AM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Harnesses but with what kind of seats, stock? sport seats with the pass thru? With engine work I might list any dyno data you have. All suspension/brakes are stock? It's probably priced appropriately assuming there's an average haggle factor there.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Snuckley
Racer

Thanks, It has sport seats with the pass through, Bilstein's shocks, Z06 frt/Rr swaybar, calipers rebuilt with SS pistons, braided lines, lots of thermal insulation added to keep heat off the tranny from the exhaust, brand new rotors/pads, brand new SKF HD hub/bearings from Phoenix, coated TPIS long tubes, stock 3.42, passes emission test, 5 spoke painted wheels without a scratch, garaged since new,interior like new, evrything works.
If it turns out to be worth $10k , I'll give it to a friend or family member first.
As we all know if you want a racecar, buy a used Phoenix prepped car.
But for a fast street car that will get through any HPDE, this one has it. I always ran 1 qt heavy and would add oil throughout the day to maintain that quart. I would consume 1 qt per day at an event and it never changed. Never spun a bearing, changed valve springs regularly. No complaints here about the LS1. 7-8 yrs ago I was going to by a crate LS6 for the shelf. I never would have needed it.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:30 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That would seem to be a very fair price for the car based on stated condition and mods. Be prepared to haggle a bit, everyone wants the "Deal". Including some or all of the spares could be a big plus and make sale easier to negotiate.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snuckley
Thanks, It has sport seats with the pass through, Bilstein's shocks, Z06 frt/Rr swaybar, calipers rebuilt with SS pistons, braided lines, lots of thermal insulation added to keep heat off the tranny from the exhaust, brand new rotors/pads, brand new SKF HD hub/bearings from Phoenix, coated TPIS long tubes, stock 3.42, passes emission test, 5 spoke painted wheels without a scratch, garaged since new,interior like new, evrything works.
If it turns out to be worth $10k , I'll give it to a friend or family member first.
As we all know if you want a racecar, buy a used Phoenix prepped car.
But for a fast street car that will get through any HPDE, this one has it. I always ran 1 qt heavy and would add oil throughout the day to maintain that quart. I would consume 1 qt per day at an event and it never changed. Never spun a bearing, changed valve springs regularly. No complaints here about the LS1. 7-8 yrs ago I was going to by a crate LS6 for the shelf. I never would have needed it.

I would list all that in your for sale thread
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

good idea, friend.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Snuckley
Racer

I have OEM GS wheel package 17in. with shaved Kumho's with one heat cycle. I am running my phone battery dead talking with guys who say they want the car and then 50 minutes later conclude it's not their favorite color. Glad I don't sell cars for a living. btw, the new car purchase is another case of sleazy car salesmanship, seems the industry hasn't changed - at least at this dealer. They are still trying to sell you Scotchguard. BUT, when I ordered my C5 new it was the easiest most honest deal ever.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM
seebobgo
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Put my C5 for sale in the C5 FS section. I am really not sure how to price it. I have a bunch of spare consumables I'll post above this section in track parts FS. I would hate to see this car get traded to a dealer and sent to auction. I want a new "old man's" car and must sell this one. I maintained it like an aircraft, no expense spared. Had our track project in Pa. not fallen on hard times, I'd want this C5 in the stable along with the open wheel racecar I was going to purchase. SO look in C5's FS for 2001 Coupe 23,000mi for $19,000 and tell me what else to add. I'd love to keep it but the garage is full. The car is perfect, motor tight, never over-revved, clutch,tranny all good. thanks
Don't tell me...not a M.B.

You'll miss a Vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Help pricing pristine C5 with track mods

Quick Reply: Help pricing pristine C5 with track mods