Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure and camber values ​​for Hoosier R100

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Lasco001
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Tire pressure and camber values ​​for Hoosier R100

Today I try to Hoosier R100 in the dimensions 285/645 x18 and 315/690x18 for my C5 and I bought and just received ZR1.
Normally I go with Michelin racing tires. So I have no experience with the Hoosier.
Now my question to you who know quite well the R100:
What pressure hot (bar) would you recommend me?
What would you recommend your camber me?
Is it good to drive with plenty of power, or you have to be careful that you do not have the tire goes?

Thank you for your help
Cölestin
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Hello Cölestin

Hopefully some real experts will chime in with info from actual track experience, but I'm not sure there are many owners running that tire.

However, here's some info from Hoosier about the R100:

http://www.hoosiertire.com/GTpsi.HTM

You can see that they have pressure recommendations for a 2650 pound car, but generally you will need to increase pressures as the weight increases - I would guess 3 to 4 psi (perhaps 0.2 to 0.3 bar) more for a Vette than those pressures published for the 2650 lb car.

Also, they don't have any camber recommendations, they just say to take temperature readings across the tread to determine the correct camber.

However, take a look at the info below for the A6/R6. It shows info about increasing pressures for heavier cars.

Also, they say camber is optimum at -3°, but that -2.5° is a good compromise for wear and speed. They say less than -2.5 will cause excessive wear on the shoulder, but I think many forum members might run slightly less than that.

The R100 is a radial like the R6, so I would imagine the recommendations for the R6 might be a good place to start:

http://www.hoosiertire.com/pdfs/tctR6_A6.pdf

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 08-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I got this from their website when I first got mine:

LAKEVILLE, IN (March 8, 2011) — In an effort to offer our valued customers more tire size
options, Hoosier Tire will be introducing two new R80 / R100 radial slick sizes specifically for
Ferrari F430 Challenge customers.

Extensive testing has proven these radial slicks to perform with the best in class. Every aspect of vehicle dynamics, grip, turn in, steering feedback and quicker lap times, will be enhanced by using these radial slicks. Both 19” radial slicks will be available March 1.

Recommend air pressures should start at 24 – 26 psi cold and after a 20 minute track session, the hot pressures should be in the range of 32 – 34 psi hot. An increased air pressure setting of 2 – 4 psi above recommended on all four corners should be used when running at a banked oval
speedway road course

Stayed pretty much with that. Have increased pressure as tires begin to wear. Got 45 sessions out of first set of scrubs.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Lasco001
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks for your information, I will tell how the Hoosier have proved to me on the track compared to the Michelin.

Greetings from Switzerland
Cölestin

Get notified of new replies

To Tire pressure and camber values ​​for Hoosier R100

Quick Reply: Tire pressure and camber values ​​for Hoosier R100