Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: C5 Z06 track ready (FL-nationwideUS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 02:04 PM
philooo
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: C5 Z06 track ready (FL-nationwideUS)

Hello guys,

I am looking for a track ready / "streetable" C5 Z06.

I am located in Florida but I am ok to travel for the right car. I have cash on hand, budget $15-20k.

I need the car to be street ready, with AC. I don't really care how it looks (dings and paint chip). But I am very interested in a car that has history of maintenance and upgrades for the track. This will not be my daily driver but I plan on driving it to the track with a tire trailer in the back.

I am not looking for power but reliability. I'd rather get a stockish engine.

I will be using the car for HPDE, so I'd prefer to have a roll cage that is only behind the seats only, safer on open roads.

I am checking the site daily right now as I am actively looking

Feel free to send link in this thread about cars that you think will fit the bill.

Looking forward to join the corvette community, right now I am driving a porsche 996. great car but I enjoy it as a daily driver and need a beater for the track that can handle slick tires without blowing an engine
Old 08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by philooo
I need the car to be street ready, with AC. I don't really care how it looks (dings and paint chip). But I am very interested in a car that has history of maintenance and upgrades for the track. This will not be my daily driver but I plan on driving it to the track with a tire trailer in the back.

I will be using the car for HPDE, so I'd prefer to have a roll cage that is only behind the seats only, safer on open roads.
You might want to check the "For Sale" section under C5, but honestly you're going to have difficulty finding a decent Z06 with any degree of track prep under $20k. If you bump your budget toward $25k you can get a nice low-miles car and add a roll-bar (not what I'd recommend) and a few other upgrades and be ready to go. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
philooo
Cruising

thanks, yes I see that some good track prepped z06 are going for $25k, but I was hoping to get a deal by saving some time to a potential seller.

I think good z06 can be had for $20k right now, just too bad to remove all those stock parts for track ones when someone has already done it ...

keep it coming guys
Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Vette53
Instructor

PM sent...

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: C5 Z06 track ready (FL-nationwideUS)

Quick Reply: WTB: C5 Z06 track ready (FL-nationwideUS)