Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

older thunderhill race video

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default older thunderhill race video

A friend just sent me this so I thought I would share. This is back when I used to race american iron. It was my first full season (2002) of real racing. Second year of the class. I was in the black '93 mustang with the yellow #3 on the door. Video was shot from my friends '99 mustang. The two front cars are AIX cars (more tire, hp, etc.). The white/blue #42 was the most tricked out car in american iron at the time. Ground up dedicated race car build. My car and my friends were both our street cars that we put safety in and raced. I used to drive mine to college. Around 285hp to the wheels. 3000-3100lbs or so. Back then we ran on 275 toyo tires. No aero, no power, no big brakes, no trick tansmission, nothing more than a few bolt ons. Mostly suspension. Heck, I didn't even own any alignment tools back then. Just get in and drive. Pretty much street cars. Was an awesome time that I sure do miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvEetwmIXU
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
seebobgo
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
a friend just sent me this so i thought i would share. This is back when i used to race american iron. It was my first full season (2002) of real racing. Second year of the class. I was in the black '93 mustang with the yellow #3 on the door. Video was shot from my friends '99 mustang. The two front cars are aix cars (more tire, hp, etc.). The white/blue #42 was the most tricked out car in american iron at the time. Ground up dedicated race car build. My car and my friends were both our street cars that we put safety in and raced. I used to drive mine to college. Around 285hp to the wheels. 3000-3100lbs or so. Back then we ran on 275 toyo tires. No aero, no power, no big brakes, no trick tansmission, nothing more than a few bolt ons. Mostly suspension. Heck, i didn't even own any alignment tools back then. Just get in and drive. Pretty much street cars. Was an awesome time that i sure do miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stveetwmixu
cool track...lots of run off
Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's race #2 the next day. Starting grid reversed with slower cars, cmc, up front and stock cars either mixed in or behind AI/X. I started off pole. Went outside in T-1 and was in first. Got passed by the white/blue #42 at one point. Then he went off and I checked out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edh61tZVzUg

Get notified of new replies

To older thunderhill race video

Quick Reply: older thunderhill race video