Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter oil cooler adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
555ss
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Lingenfelter oil cooler adaptor

Do any of you guys run a Linenfelter oil cooler for road race or HPDE's?

I just put one in my C5Z after getting to 315 degrees at the last HPDE.
I am a bit concerned with the oil temp sensor causing a restriction the temp sensor threads into the adaptor block on the outlet of the adaptor thefeed hole to the line is the correct size for a #10 line but the temp sensor is about 1/4 inch in diameter and goes thru the feed hole at 90 degees it looks like a restriction..... I just don't want to blow the thing up...The oil pressure on road test is ok it has just a bit delayed response to engine rpm, I can understand that due to the cooler and 4-5 ft of #10 line. I just would like to know someone else has run one with out issues.
Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't run their cooler, but I have their adapter. A bit of a pain to install. I have had mine in my forged LS2 for over 3 years and 30+ trackdays with no issues. I have run an accusump for the past 2 years if that matters, but my oil pressure, even when oil gets above 250*, rarely gets below 30#. HTH.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:11 PM
555ss
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
I don't run their cooler, but I have their adapter. A bit of a pain to install. I have had mine in my forged LS2 for over 3 years and 30+ trackdays with no issues. I have run an accusump for the past 2 years if that matters, but my oil pressure, even when oil gets above 250*, rarely gets below 30#. HTH.
Thank You that is kinda what was hoping to hear I just had it in the back of my mind and thought some one on here must use their adaptor
with out issues or it would be all over the forumn.
Thanks Again
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 PM
onebighitter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one in mine and street temps are little lower and pressure seems fine. Hve not had a track day with it yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter oil cooler adaptor

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter oil cooler adaptor