Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE Pocono Sept 14-16

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
wally w
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPDE Pocono Sept 14-16

Riesentoter Region PCA will host a HPDE & AX at Pocono Raceway on September 14 - 16. We will utilize the entire track for the event.
Friday will be an advanced only day, (intermediate solo (White), advanced solo (Black) and instructors (Red)), broken into two groups, low HP & high HP. We will be running the IMSA course except for the last session which will be on the Tri-oval.
Saturday and Sunday the student drivers will join us, beginner (Green) and advanced beginner (Blue). The same format will be run on Saturday and the IMSA course only on Sunday.
Saturday there will be an AX for the benefit of the Janet Weis Children's Hospital with all proceeds going to the hospital. DE drivers will be able to make fun runs for a donation.
There will also be a BBQ buffet dinner on Saturday for all signed in participants.
We are Corvette friendly. Ten of our instructors drive Z06's on the track and six of us are NCM instructors as well. The track chair and safety chairs also run Z06's.
Registration is on MotorsportReg. Send any questions to track@rtr-pca.org.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

I tried to paste the flyer with all the details into my post, but couldn't make it work. I'll be happy to e-mail it to anyone who would like to have it.

This event was one of the highlights of the season last year, particularly the Tri-Oval. I have a new level of respect for the NASCAR boys.

I've also talked my wife to coming out and trying her hand at the AX and may make a few runs myself.

If anyone has questions about the Safety/Tech inspection requirements for the event please PM or you can e-mail me safety@rtr-pca.org

Last edited by JimbeauZ06; 08-24-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Lainey and I are signed up as instructors. I'm sure most would rather have Lainey as an instructor, so get signed up soon.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM
VicCaerter
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm heading up there on the 8th for a 1 day event and would love to join you guys for the weekend, but I don't have the oiling system upgraded for the left turns... yet.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 AM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Unfortunately due to unforeseen repairs I'll miss this event. But if any of you guys and gals are on the fence for this one, you wont be disappointed. Very Corvette friendly as the OP stated. Well organized events with plenty of track time. Enjoy
Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spdislife
Unfortunately due to unforeseen repairs I'll miss this event. But if any of you guys and gals are on the fence for this one, you wont be disappointed. Very Corvette friendly as the OP stated. Well organized events with plenty of track time. Enjoy
Come on Joe, nothing a little racer's tape and a band-aid couldn't fix!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JimbeauZ06
Come on Joe, nothing a little racer's tape and a band-aid couldn't fix!
Now would you let that slip through tech? Of course after numerous rolls of racers tape, a few splints and maybe a couple of bungee cords

Joe at Phoenix has it now and I'm sure it'll be back as it was when he's done.

Hey, have a great time, stay safe and see you back at Summit point in October
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spdislife
Now would you let that slip through tech? Of course after numerous rolls of racers tape, a few splints and maybe a couple of bungee cords

Joe at Phoenix has it now and I'm sure it'll be back as it was when he's done.

Hey, have a great time, stay safe and see you back at Summit point in October
You should still come and hang out. Autocross the Infiniti.

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE Pocono Sept 14-16

Quick Reply: HPDE Pocono Sept 14-16